Job Vacancy – Junior Designer & Digital Media Assistant
Duma Works is recruiting a Junior Designer and Digital Media Assistant for our client; a digital health company in Kenya.
They are a digital health company that bridges the information and access gap that women and girls face in emerging markets. By texting a question or keyword, users gain access to trusted information about sexual and reproductive health, family planning and contraceptives and receive localized and personalized recommendations and referrals to high-quality products and services through their unique referral engine. They bring together the power of the cloud, the personal touch of a mobile phone, and first-class customer service in a unique solution to enable women and girls to lead healthier lives.
The successful candidate will be tasked with collaborating with the marketing team in creating ad campaigns, design concepts and a variety of both online and offline creative collateral material. He / She will also manage the group’s social media sites by ensuring regular posting and monitoring of organic and paid campaigns working under the supervision of Campaign Strategist.
The successful candidate will become an essential part of our marketing & advertising efforts, who will own the creation of graphic for key digital channels. We are a young team, with a fun, informal working environment where you can enjoy training opportunities and a competitive salary.
· Collaborate with the marketing team to produce visually compelling ad campaigns and collateral materials
· Design advertising layouts, which include but are not limited to print ads, social media content, marketing, and advertising collateral, online ads and banners, point of sale, and signage materials.
· Retrieve and export files and artwork via the Internet; source stock images as needed.
· Managing the company’s social media sites by ensuring regular updates and there is consistency in brand management under the supervision of the Campaign Strategist
· Copywriting for organic and paid posts on social media platforms
· Reporting on social media tools – training and tools will be provided the company
Skills and Competencies Required
· A diploma in Graphic Design.
· Proficient in design software: Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator, and Microsoft Office
· Ability to develop print & digital art.
· Attention to detail and deadline-oriented.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work under pressure
· Copywriting is an advantage
· Proficiency in Swahili
· Experience in online posting on Facebook, Google Adwords, GDNs, twitter, Instagram and Youtube
He/she will report directly to the Campaign Strategist
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter, Portfolio, and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3530”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3530 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 30 November 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: adobe, brand management, content marketing, Design, Graphic design, illustrator, indesign, Job Opening, Kenya, nairobi, Opportunity, photoshop, salary, Social Media, Twitter, Vacancies, vacancy