Do you have at least 3 years post admission litigation experience?
Do you consider yourself to have sound drafting skills with exceptional accuracy in handling matters in the Court of Appeal, High Court, Magistrates Courts and Statutory Tribunals?
KRK Advocates LLP is looking to hire a Litigation Associate in Nairobi.
KRK Advocates LLP is a future looking, innovative and disruptive legal services firm that provides bespoke legal solutions to elite individuals, corporations, non-governmental organizations and governments. Those solutions are designed to enable clients navigate opportunities and challenges by providing appropriate and effective answers to modern day legal problems.
Job Responsibilities and Key Tasks
1. Client facing, relationship building & support
- With the guidance and instruction of the domain leader, attend to client matters as per the cases assigned
- Keep clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress
- Negotiate for settlement out of court on behalf of clients
- Seek periodic feedback from clients on whether they are satisfied with KRK’s services and discussing with the Partner on areas of improvement
- Attract additional business from new and existing clients
2. Court attendance/attendance of legal events
- Attend to litigation matters in court countrywide
- Update the case management system. Keep cases organized by establishing and organizing files, monitoring calendars, meeting deadlines, documenting actions, inputting information into file database and case management software.
3. Filing, review & preparation of legal documents
- Enhance trial proceedings by gathering and organizing evidence; preparing exhibits, scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking courtroom notes
- Draft and review litigation documents including pleadings, motions, briefs, notices, affidavits, arbitration papers and correspondences
- Prepare for hearings and advise clients on pre-trial briefings
- I liaison with the legal support team, maintain, update and keep track of the important legal documents covering a wide range of clients for ease of location when required
4. Legal Research and Writing
- Conduct legal research and opinion in handling of dispute resolution cases
- Analyse the probable outcome of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents
- Summarise complicated legal documents including contracts and suggest alterations to be made on them
- Perform due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, mergers & acquisitions
5. Debt Recovery
- Use innovative methods to manage client’s debtors and facilitate debt collection
- Develop bespoke debt recovery paths/strategy for clients
6. Developing and Creating Legal Strategies
- Develop litigation strategies in consultation and together with fellow Associates and the Partner on defined legal matters
- Be able to have knowledgeable discussion about the market the firm operates in, the threats and opportunities the department faces and the future plans for the department and their role in those plans
7. Legal Updates and Reporting
- Regularly provide updates to seniors on the current status of ongoing cases and matters assigned
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and advise clients on the impact of such changes
8. Perform any other duties as required from time to time
Qualifications & Competencies
Required Skills & Competencies
- Should possess thorough understanding of the standard legal concepts and procedures.
- Should be a tactful and confident self-assured person who has good interpersonal skills and is able to relate well with stakeholders within the organization and externally
- Business acumen – ability to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Flexible, resourceful and service oriented
- Attentive to detail and accurate
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Possess intermediate-advanced computer skills
- Knowledgeable, attentive and proactive
- Good planning and time management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Client relationship skills
- Problem solving skills
To apply online click here
This position will remain open until filled.
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.