Job Vacancy – Administration Officer
About the Charity
Description of the role:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercises managerial and supervisory control over all logistics support required of Meru office e.g., allocation of vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Develops, prepares, coordinates, and monitors overall support plans including demand forecasting, supply schedules, priorities or requirements, and resolution of urgent operational needs.
- Assists implementation of policy and procedures for logistics support in Meru office
- Ensure functionality of necessary office equipment, and requisitioning new equipment and supplies as needed
- Responsible for supervising and accounting for an inventory
- Office imprest management of Meru office
- Handle basic HR issues
- Prepare regular reports on expenses, and logistics e.g., vehicle usage
- Organize a filing system for company documents in Meru office
- Distribute and store correspondence of Meru office (e.g., letters, emails, and packages)
- Briefs Finance Manager on a weekly basis on the ongoing operation/requests
- Arrange travel and accommodation of Meru office staff
- Performs other related duties as required
- Meru Education Project, Saving Meru Giants Project, and Pride of Meru Project
- Finance and Administration Department in Nairobi
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Logistics Officer, or similar role
- Solid knowledge of office procedures and logistics
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A degree in Administration or Logistics; additional qualifications in Office Administration or Logistics are a plus
- Proven experience being able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- At least 3 years of experience
- Comfortable working independently when needed, or as part of a team
- Preferably from the local community
- Accommodation is not provided
Duma Works is assisting Born Free Foundation in its recruitment efforts.
Click here to submit your application through the Duma Works portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to Duma. Applications are by a CV with a covering letter that should demonstrate your skills, experiences and attributes that make you suitable for the role.
This position is closed
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, Administration, administrative, administrative officer, and, communication, company, control, Education, excel, Finance, finance manager, HR, inventory, Knowledge, logistics, Management, manager, Meru, of, Office, Office administration, officer, point, project, reports, software, supplies, supply, support, travel, work