Job Vacancy – Logistics Executive
Duma Works is recruiting a Logistics Executive for one of our clients. The hiring firm specializes in the trade of agricultural commodities in East Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating the drivers and trucks and plan the loading activities efficiently
• Fuel management and deliveries
• Take charge of all shipping activities including documentation.
• Organizing export with all suppliers and liaise with local import agents in Kenya
• Vendor relations (including contract manufacturers)
• Assist with supply & demand forecasting – work with management team to determine ordering needs, lead times etc
• Coordinate strategic sourcing, planning and logistics activities for the business.
• Maintain material resources planning and logistics activities for the business.
• Drive continuous improvements in the logistics/supply chain department.
• Assist supply chain team in identifying risk mitigation requirements.
• A degree in logistics, Supply chain management or an equivalent course
• At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
• Familiar with areas and on route planning activities in relation with both sales and procurement logistics
• Detail oriented.
• Problem solver
• Risk averse.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A self-starter
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2768”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2768 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Sunday, 30th April 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: africa, agents, agricultural, and, business, chain, communication, DUMA, DUMA Works, East Africa, executive, export, Firm, Hiring, import, Kenya, logistics, Management, of, one, planning, procurement, Recruiting, relations, sales, supply, supply chain, team, the, trade, work, works