Job Vacancy – LOGISTICS MANAGER
Duma works is recruiting a Logistics Manager for our client who is in the Oil and Gas Industry. The Logistics Manager’s primary role is to supervise Company’ projects from planning to execution including client management and liaison.
1.Logistics Manager’s Direct Responsibilities
- Overall in charge of Company operations and logistics in company projects
- Acts as the Company’technical projects team leader
- Acts as the project manager for assigned projects
- Has an essential role in ensuring Company Health, Safety and Environment soundness and promoting a safe culture through out the Company
- Team Leader for Logistics and Operations related bid works
- In charge of logistics/ operations related clients’engagement, scheduled operational meetings and feedback provision
- Leads in departmental financial budget formulation and review
- Leads in departmental training and development of self, direct reports and other departmental personnel
- Carries a business development role and acts as a Company’ business ambassador
- Overall in charge of the Company’ fleet (land transport, lifting solutions, Technical services and special projects)
- He is responsible for coordinating activities and keeping management informed on all aspects of Company’ project planning and implementation including providing necessary reporting and documentation
- Together with other operations supervisors, the LM ensures quality and efficient delivery of services and supports compliance with all legal/ regulatory, industry, contractual, accreditation and statutory requirements
- Develops policies, procedures and work instructions for logistical activities
- Builds strong and effective relationships with the internal teams and other corporate personnel
- Work as needed with cross-functional teams such as HSE,HR and Finance
- Develops and maintains strong and trusting client relationships at all levels with both active accounts and prospects. In charge of Customer satisfaction surveys relating to Company operations and logistics projects
- Supports and maintains service quality standards, policies, practices and work instructions
- Promotes and champions Company’ operational excellence though proper planning, execution, follow through and customer satisfaction
- Team leader in departmental loss prevention and team member in operations and logistics incidents investigation
- In charge of departmental Corrective, Preventive and Improvement (CPI) management and closure follow-ups
- Leads in departmental internal and externalpresentations (including preparation of the same)–business,contractual, compliance, etc.
- In charge of departmental HSE, contractual and regulatory statistics maintenance and record keeping.
- ny other responsibilities as assigned by the Managing Director(Supervisor).
- Assist to determine means of improving efficiency and reducing costs where possible,investigate and take corrective action when required
- Involved in the planning of manpower and equipment requirements to ensure that the company maintains cost effective resources which are applied optimally.
3. Organisation Continuous improvement Responsibilities
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are performed within the requirements and guidance of the company QMS process
- Ensure that resources assigned to the Logistics / Operations department are used properly and maintained in their best condition
- QMS process lead.
- Must have an Engineering Degree qualification from a recognised institution
- Minimum 5 years’experience in a logistics or operations function at managerial level with a medium to large logistical solutions provider
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of logistical operations
Preferred:Working in a senior operations or logistics position in a company that provides the whole Logistical chain, with a mix of movement of sensitive materials and equipment as well as lifting solutions.
- At least 3 years in a senior position with a reputable employer
- Experience in Data compilation and set up
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Effective negotiating skills•Effective decision making and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office(word, excel, power point)
- Cross cultural working ability
- Ability to interact with government agencies, corporate bodies and company personnel at all levels.
Preferred :4 years experience at a senior position with a reputable employer.
- Personable and approachable person
- Ability and eager to learn and to develop
- Ability to meet deadline or work under pressure
- Independent thinker
- Proactive person Preferred :•A Proactive and resourceful person in problem solving who carries themselves with high dignity and ethical standards
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2957”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2957 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 29th September 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accounts, analytical, and, bid, business, business development, chain, client, client management, company, compliance, corporate, cost, customer, Data, delivery, development, DUMA, DUMA Works, engineering, Finance, financial, government, HR, industry, key, legal, level, Liaison, logistics, maintenance, Management, manager, of, operations, person, personal, planning, power, project, project manager, Quality, Recruiting, reporting, senior, service, services, solutions, statistics, team, team leader, technical, the, training, transport, work, works