Job Vacancy – Logistics & Procurement Coordinator
- Supervisory role with oversight over one Log-Admin clerk, and a team of Drivers.
- Responsible for fleet management, vehicle maintenance/repair/driver logbooks etc.
- Responsible for procurement including management of processes to vet suppliers, find pre-selected suppliers to enter into negotiated renewable supply contracts with for items purchased routinely, and for full investigation of supply options with in-depth review of properly compared specifications of products and services (tailored to our organization’s needs); this involves stewarding the process of proactive planning with each department/team lead/budget holder for upcoming procurement needs, documenting requirements, and proactively sourcing for suppliers.
- Responsible for logistics (over and above driver/vehicle issues), with a special focus on seasonal procurement, repackaging and distribution of agricultural inputs, in a planned way that addresses known seasonal needs in a variety of zones of Kenya in which we run programs.
- Must be a degree holder OR a diploma + special qualifications holder relevant to post.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in progressively more complex roles, related to procurement, logistics, supply chain and fleet management.
- Must be a young person with high energy, high computer literacy and analytical skills, high communication and negotiation skills, willing to respond rapidly to changing needs and “last minute emergencies”, to use public transport where necessary to conduct supplier and product/service assessments, able to multi-task and track many procurement and logistical processes that run at the same time and ensure all come to completion by deadlines.
- Must have the ability to contribute to the development of improved systems, ways of working, tools/guidelines/procedures related to procurement and logistics.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3286”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3286 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 23 March 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: agricultural, analytical, and, chain, clerk, communication, development, diploma, driver, energy, Kenya, logistics, maintenance, Management, of, one, person, planning, procurement, product, renewable, service, services, supply, supply chain, systems, team, transport, work