Job Vacancy – Maintenance Manager in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting a Maintenance Manager for one of our clients, a leading logistics operations and service provision company for the upstream oil and gas industry in the Eastern Africa Region.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyse maintenance costs and provide recommendations on assets utilization and replacement.
- Track assets usage and maintain accurate inventory of equipment and spares.
- Develop the maintenance budget and provide input relative to policy, costs and established metrics.
- Coordinate equipment inspections including all the mandatory contractual and statutory requirements and ensure the Maintenance of a register of equipment with updated required and inspections.
- Negotiate maintenance related service agreements to ensure cost efficiencies.
- Complete performance reviews of staff and jointly determine areas of development and training requirements.
- Communicate maintenance requirements to ensure maximum efficiency and implement corrective actions as required. Schedule needed repair with minimum interference to operations.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of maintenance personnel as required.
- Prepare maintenance management reports as required.
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, policies and work instructions in accordance with Company requirements and ISO standards.
- Spearheading major repairs and maintenance operations on all company assets, including and not limited to; transportation equipment, cranes, Trucks, Forklifts, Trailers, pressure vessels, generators, and any other plant and equipment used by OML.
- Represent and ensure departmental Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations are complied with
- Implement Company Preventive and predictive maintenance requirements and schedules.
- Come up with innovative ways of improving company’ assets integrity.
- Participate in Company Tenders and Contracts performance reviews
- Head of Company Maintenance audits and inspections including site verification visits, reviews with clients, internal management reviews.
- In charge of Internal and external Maintenance documentation review for effectiveness and correctness
- In charge of Sub contracted assets maintenance supervision and monitoring.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with bias in Automotive and Plant.
- Membership with Engineers Registration Board.
Experience and Competence
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office and fleet management systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior Maintenance Management role
- Experience with off-road heavy equipment a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Knowledge in plant maintenance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Logistical Solutions Companies’ Assets Maintenance Management
- Sound work ethics and integrity
- Able to work with strict deadlines
- Team player
- Results driven
- Ability to mentor direct reports
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3053”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3053 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 06 October 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: company, DUMA, DUMA Works, Employment, engineering, industry, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, Jobs, jobs in kenya, Kenya, logistics, maintenance, Management, manager, mechanical, mechanical engineering, nairobi, Office, oil industry, operations, Opportunity, Recruiting, Recruitment, service, site, technical, transportation, vacancy