Job Vacancy – Manufacturing Technician (Soldering)
Duma Works is recruiting a Manufacturing technician (soldering) for one of our clients in Nairobi; a company on the cutting edge of frontier market technology needs for connectivity.
- Production of electronic products.
- SMT and Through-Hole soldering.
- Rework and Repair of electronic devices.
- Experience in either Manufacturing Engineering, Electronics technician, Maintenance & Repair, Electrical Engineering, Factory Work, Computer Repair & Maintenance, Hardware Engineer.
- At least a related certification or higher education qualification. Ideally a technical diploma, or technician training program completion.
- Skills with soldering electrical components to PCBs; including through hole and surface mount components of 0.5mm pitch.
- Knowledge about different types of soldering wire and flux including clean, no-clean and lead free.
- A solid understanding of soldering equipment including when to use various size soldering tips and hot air.
- Complete familiarity with anti-static practices.
- Good organisation and attention to detail when tracking and performing.
- Good background into the nomenclature surrounding electronics manufacturing and the ability to contribute to the company’s quality control processes in order to produce world class electronics.
Mechanical assembly & manufacturing requirements
- Understanding of metal work and basic assembly.
- Capable of following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) consistently.
- Familiarity with basic tools including screwdrivers, Allen keys, pliers, etc and an understanding of when to use which tool for which job.
- Ability to identify when there may be a mechanical issue with an assembly.
- Experience to suggest best practices and improvements to processes.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2946”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2946 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 15th Sep 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: DUMA, DUMA Works, Education, electrical, electronics, Engineer, engineering, factory, hardware, Hardware engineer, job, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, manufacturing, Manufacturing engineering, mechanical, nairobi, Opportunity, production, Quality control, Recruiting, technical, technician, technology, training, Vacancies, vacancy, work, works