Job Vacancy – Manufacturing Value Stream Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Manufacturing Value Stream Manager for our client; a leading social enterprise that trades recycled materials with a tangible social and environmental impact.
This role will achieve measurable improvements, spur passion for creativity and innovation in the application of continual improvement principles and other benchmark initiatives to realize increased and sustained value in all manufacturing operations in the organisation. This will be achieved through increasing the site operational effectiveness and efficiency, downtime reduction, managing and implementing improvement plans while also driving Key Performance Indicators.
Responsibilities and Duties
Strategy and Development
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice in manufacturing operational and processing systems, strategy, policies processes and procedures to aid and improve machine and processing performance.
General and Task Management
- Coordinating all production activities across all production sections with emphasis on production quantity, efficiency and quality.
- Monitoring utilization of raw materials issued to the department.
- Waste reduction.
- Liaising with Quality Control incase of any unusual defects and corrects the same.
- Actively participating in new product and material trials and establishing Product Processing Data Sheets with Quality Control.
- Monitoring the production target/cycle time and providing solutions incase of bottlenecks.
- Ensuring the supervisor has made shift reports, handed over in a proper manner and reviewing department production reports as provided in various records.
- Leading in brainstorming activities and inspiring staff to give innovative ideas with the aim of improving quality, productivity, machine performance rate and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set department objectives/KPEs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal examples and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviour expected of them.
- Ensure the delivery of the people strategy within the area of accountability.
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels.
- Motivate and coach the team to operational excellence.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Review, implement and update company records e.g training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware.
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health and Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental Standards, and all other Company Policies and Procedures.
- Support, encourage and develop team and take ownership for team cohesion.
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere.
- Anticipates and Overcomes Obstacles.
- Makes Useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions.
- Embraces personal Challenges.
- Confident, rounded thinking.
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change.
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others.
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Perform closely with the Internal Quality Officer.
Record to Maintain
- Monthly processing and maintenance report including machine performance rate and Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE).
- Resource efficiency in relation to manpower, utilities and consumables.
- Production Plans
- Any other relevant document as guided by management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering
- Additional Certificates in other Engineering courses will be an added advantage.
- 5+ years` experience in a plastics manufacturing industry
- Knowledgeable in blow/injection moulding machinery and processes
- Previous work experience in a similar/related role.
- Knowledge of maintenance and inspection procedures for machines with greater than 1000AMP usage.
- Working in an ISO Certified Organization and or familiar with ISO manufacturing procedures and practices is an added advantage.
- Conversant with p[lastic quality control Parameters.
- Computer knowledge is a requirement.
- Excellent leadership and Management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent Organizational and follow-up skills.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
- Commercially aware
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 22 August 2020
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, area, building, company, control, creation, Data, delivery, driving, electrical, employee, engineering, innovation, key, Knowledge, Leadership, maintenance, manage, Management, manufacturing, mechanical, of, officer, operations, people, personal, planning, policies, processing, product, production, Quality, Quality control, quantity, reports, site, solutions, strategy, supervisor, systems, team, training, work