Job Vacancy – Membership, Marketing & Communication Officer
Duma Works is recruiting a Membership, Marketing & Communication Officer for our client in Nairobi. Our client is a tourism civil society, membership organization.
This job designation is a full time position designed to support the organisation’s programs implementation, service delivery and promoting ecotourism principles and best practices.
- A candidate for this job must at the minimum be a holder of a bachelor’s degree (arts or sciences) in business or social sciences from a recognized/accredited university with specialization in either public relations or/with marketing.
- The holder must have a minimum of two years working experience on full time basis.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage servicing of the organisation’s members, membership activities and networks in a satisfactory and timely manner. This entails the following tasks:
- Managing the membership database and all membership services due to members
- Organize and undertake membership recruitment drives and follow up on renewals
- Undertake membership surveys as appropriate and necessary
- Processing of membership documentation, including certificates.
- Responding to emails, letters and posted enquires on membership
- Manage the organisation’s communications affairs, website and social media sites to ensure quality, accurate, complete, appropriate and updated information about the company and ecotourism in general.
- Circulate electronic news, industry updates and other communiqués issued by the organisation to the entire membership as received or scheduled on a regular basis
- Monitor and maintain contact with members through the company’s Social networks, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc.
- Coordinate and handle all public and mass/press media communications for the organisation including preparing and circulating press releases, information briefs as necessary and respond to general enquires about ecotourism and the company
- Coordinate and oversee the organisation’s publicity and membership events, including:
- Exhibitions organized by the organisation or other tourism sector players
- Planning and coordination of the National Forums/ Training Seminars
- Planning and coordination of the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Planning and coordinating the Annual Awards
- Oversee the compilation and production of the organisation’s communication and marketing materials including brochures, banners and promotion leaflets, annual reports etc.
- Coordinate sourcing for sponsorship for the the organisation’s annual Forum.
- Coordinate the organisation’s sales and marketing campaigns through soliciting for paid advertisements for the the organisation’s website, magazines and annual reports.
- Any other duties and tasks assigned by the CEO.
- Must submit to your supervisor a concise typed up monthly progress report not later than the 5th day of the following month. The report should include, but not limited to, achievements for the reporting period, status on on-going tasks, notable challenges and suggestions for tackling them effectively, job plans for the next following month.
- Must prepare and submit a quarterly work plan in consultation with your supervisor in a logical framework at least two weeks before end of any current quarter.
- You will be expected to make brief presentations during management meetings, office meetings and board meetings as required.
- All your works in progress, data and official documentation must be backed up in a central designated computer at least once a month.
The job holder is directly answerable to the Chief Executive Officer and will have one or two Assistants/interns reporting to them.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2775”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2775 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 20th May 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, Best Practices, business, communication, Communications, company, consultation, Data, delivery, events, executive, Facebook, full time, general, industry, information, job, key, manage, Management, Marketing, media, of, Office, officer, one, planning, processing, production, programs, Promotion, Public relations, Quality, Recruitment, relations, reporting, sales, service, services, social, Social Media, social sciences, supervisor, support, the, tourism, training, Twitter, two, work, works