Job Vacancy – Mill Machinist in Uganda
Duma Works is recruiting a Mill Machinist for Alam Group in Uganda.
Reports to: Supervisor in Charge
Interfaces with: Operation Manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Mill machinists operate industrial devices that generate manufacturing parts. Essential skills are technical knowledge, computer programming experience, and precision. Most mill machinists have a high school diploma and a certificate from a technical college.
- A Mill machinist operates equipment such as mill machines, end mills, resolving lathe tools, and drill presses, to produce manufacturing parts out of metal, aluminums, steel, or plastic, often for the aerospace industry. Using blueprints provided by company’s engineers, mill machinists asses specifications and configure equipment to produce batches of parts.
- The work requires technical knowledge and precision, since mill machinists take measurements to adequately setup the devices. They may be responsible for procedures such as cutting, squaring, and milling, drilling, tapping, and boring.
- Mill machinists use measuring tools such as gauges, calipers, indicators, and micrometers to perform tool changes and radius offsets. In addition to setting up, loading, and programming equipment, they’re responsible for its smooth operation. An incorrect measurement or inaccurate cut, for example, could ruin an entire batch of production and negatively affect company profits.
- Mill machinists also perform maintenance and look for potential problems such as a poorly fitting piece or an overworked machine.
- Successful mill machinists are team player who pays attention to detail, can analyze a problem quickly, and troubleshoot effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and manufacturing.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a related field.
Key Performance Indicators.
- Attainment of 100%preventive mill machines measures implemented in response to identified breakdown.
- Realization of 100% adherence to maintenance machine on full time attendance.
- Realization of 100% adherence to employee’s trainings conducted in a given period.
- Attainment of 100% good and sound technical knowledge and precision.
- Realization of 10% to full attendance this year.
- Attainment of 100%adherence to good behavior conducts while on duty.
Overall Assessment (Actual vs. Target) will be as follows.
91 – 100% = Outstanding
81 – 90% = Excellent
70 – 80% = Very Good
60 – 69% = Good
50 – 59 = Average
40 – 49 = Fair
0 – 39 = Unsatisfactory
70-100% = Working in direction with attainment/ achievement of the target.
60-69% = Working below target.
0-50% unacceptable. Serious Act, re-plan, check and do to attain target.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3297”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3297 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 06 April 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: engineering, industrial, industry, job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, maintenance, manufacturing, Manufacturing engineering, mechanical, mechanical engineering, milling, opening, Opportunity, Recruiting, supervisor, technical, uganda, Vacancies, vacancy, work, works