Job Vacancy – New Business Development Officer & Researcher
Duma Works is recruiting a New Business Development Officer & Researcher for one of its clients in Uganda.
CourieMate is a delivery company in Uganda. They develop a variety of new delivery services/businesses utilizing IT technology. They are seeking a skilled and experienced business development officer to develop and establish new businesses. The ideal candidate will have both experiences of market research of new business and sales in launching new businesses in a lean startup including skills related to market analysis, field needs research, marketing as well as sales activity. In this role, you will be responsible for launching new businesses with other officers under the business development manager.
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Clarify customer needs to revise business model
- Identifies service improvements or new services by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Sells services by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Liaise with the colleagues in business development, app development team, and marketing team as appropriate
- And, all related work to launch new services including delivery arrangement, customer communication.
Skills and Requirement
- Proven achievement of sales
- 2 – 3 years of working experience as a business developer, sales officer or a relevant role
- Demonstrated ability to make market strategy
- Solid knowledge of market research analysis
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop the business
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3686”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3686 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 29 February 2020
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: 3d, analysis, analytical, and, business, business development, communication, company, customer, delivery, development, field, grid, industry, IT, Knowledge, manager, market, market research, Marketing, of, officer, research, sales, sales officer, selling, service, services, Startup, team, technology, the, uganda, web, work