Job Vacancy – Office Administrative Assistant (CLOSED)
Duma works is recruiting an Office Administrative Assistant for one of our esteemed clients: a leading quality furniture outlet in Kenya.
The role of the Office Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support in the office of the company by performing clerical functions, organizing office supplies and materials, scanning, copying, printing and organizing documents, preparing correspondence, paying and coordinating vendors (travel, internet, mobile, etc.), receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Duties will include providing support to the office and field-based development teams. The Office Administrative Assistant will also be expected to contribute to the development of the company and support the general business needs of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Managing Director, and/or designees from time to time, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
- Providing general administrative support for the company and a partner organization with which it shares an office
- Ensuring the efficient and effective flow of communication between the office and partners, vendors, customers, and other external parties.
- Preparing all manner of documents and correspondence
- Arranging logistics for meetings, travel, and corporate events
- Taking minutes at meetings and preparing reports
- Liaising with building and office management and administration to ensure proper coordination
- Maintaining a proper document handling system and up-to-date contact database
- Coordinating the procurement and managing of stationery and stock items for the office
- Coordinating and organizing vendor requests for payment or servicing
- Supervising other staff in the departments.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Performing basic data entry
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Other tasks as required from time to time by the MD.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and credentials:
- Education: Full secretarial qualifications including a diploma or degree and/or any other relevant training
- Work Experience: At least 2 to 4 years working experience in relevant fields
- Clerical Experience: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, filling out or designing forms, and other common office procedures
- English Language: Professional knowledge of the English/Kiswahili languages including vocabulary and spelling, rules of business and personal composition, and grammar
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Computer Skills: Experience with word processing computer programs, e-mail systems, internet search engines, and general computer literacy is required
- Other Desired Skills:
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrable ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected]. As the subject line of your email, write “2158” and please make sure to include Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2158, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th April 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Admin, career, Jobs, Mombasa, office assistant, Vacancies