Job Vacancy – Operations & Administration Manager
Duma works is recruiting an Operations & Administration Manager for its client. The recruiting company is an interdisciplinary consultancy firm with service offerings in the energy and environment space in East Africa.
To strengthen our team, we are looking to recruit an Administrative Manager who will oversee the support operations and non-financial business processes. This role will include providing leadership in:
- Business Planning: Systematic and continuous tracking of business development efforts, quarterly resource planning, managing the project team bonus tracker and the time-sheet management system (Replicon®)
- Office and Facilities Management: Ensure the proper running of the office including the management and maintenance of all office equipment (electronics, furniture, fixtures, stationery, vehicle/s), office hygiene and orderliness; front office operations (guesting ushering, telephone and visitor facing communications); company website and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn); office storehouse and general working spaces
- Information Management: Manage operations data and information including all company passwords, contacts details (partners, team next-of-kin, clients, suppliers and others); ensure that company information is regularly backed-up online and offline; filing and management of hardcopy documents; documenting Firm events (e.g. pictures during retreats)
- Contract Management: Manage, review and draft team contracts, subcontract agreement and other legal documents associated with the Firm
- Supplier Management: Ensure suppliers deliver agreed products and services while continuously seeking better and more efficient options
- Human Resources: Support recruiting and training of staff; managing and coordinating staff benefits; support staff performance and annual reviews; tracking and approving leave days; manage staff welfare activities including retreats, birthdays/anniversaries, celebrations and bereavement and; ensure compliance with all human resource related regulations
- Non-financial Statutory Compliance: Ensure that the company remain compliant in all non-finance or tax relates statutes including National Social Security Fund (NSSF), National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF), Nairobi City County and Health, Fire and Safety Requirements
- Procurement: Manage procurement of services and products
- Consultancy Support: Supporting consulting processes and teams in delivering assignments where administrative advice is required
- Petty Cash Management: In coordination with the Finance Manager, ensure the proper management of the Firm’s petty cash.
Skills and Experience
The Administrative Manager will be organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and the following qualifications:
- A degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field
- Experience with basic accounting especially petty cash management
- Demonstrated experience providing logistical support to teams, organizing travel and fieldwork; managing accounts; managing project logistics including air ticketing and hotel bookings; information management including filing and server organization
- At least seven (7) years of active professional experience preferably within a consulting firm or other professional services firms
- Proficiency in computer applications especially MS Excel
- Understanding of non-financial statutory and regulatory requirements
- Excellent oral and written command of Swahili and English languages.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2842”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2842 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 02 June 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, accounts, administrative, advice, air, analytical, and, business, business development, company, compliance, consultancy, consulting, Data, development, events, Finance, finance manager, Firm, Front, front office, furniture, general, hotel, human, Human Resource, information, insurance, job, Leadership, legal, logistics, maintenance, manage, Management, manager, media, nairobi, of, Office, online, operations, planning, procurement, professional, project, Recruit, Recruiting, resource, security, services, social, Social Media, support, support staff, team, the, training, travel, Twitter