Job Vacancy – Operations Business Analyst
The Operations Business Analyst will conduct operations analyses, analyzing both program implementation and the overall day to day service levels and key performance indicators. In addition, he/she will develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met. Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are must-have traits. In addition to performing financial and operational modeling, the Operations Business Analyst is expected to develop new models that underpin sound business decisions. He/she should recognize that streamlining and improving of internal and external reporting is key to the success of the organization. For this role, we require an individual with at least 5 years of experience in forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis combined with an understanding of key performance indicators. We are looking for candidates with a proven track record of solving complex and ambiguous problems in a structured way.
The role reports to the Strategy, Insights and Data Manager.
You will be part of Generation:
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We have built a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 35, for jobs in multiple sectors.
Generation programs are structured as intensive boot camps ranging from 4-12 weeks. The programs will offer students integrated technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment skills training, mentorship support and community services as well as job-placement support when they graduate.
Generation outcomes to date: Generation has graduated 35,000+ young people across 100+ cities in 13 countries, in just over five years of operation. In Kenya, Generation has successfully launched five training programs: Financial Services Sales, Retail and Restaurant Services, Distributed Sales, Customer Service Agents, Sewing Machine Operations, Food & Beverage Waiters Program. Generation Kenya has trained 18,000+ graduates to date, and in 2020 we are targeting to train over 6,000 additional graduates who will need to be placed into employment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for a business Select features, build and optimize models using classical statistics and/or machine learning techniques.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Carry out ad-hoc analysis and present the results in a clear manner.
- Collaborate with business units and engineering teams to understand and prioritize company needs and devise possible solutions based on business use cases.
- Create various machine learning-based tools on processes within the company, such as recommendation engines or automated lead scoring systems to drive revenue or create cost efficiencies.
- Create visualizations using state of the art visualization tools.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming a project team; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
Essential Skills and Experience
- Professional qualification of a post graduate Diploma/Degree in analytics or a business-related course.
- High level of proficiency Microsoft suits, especially excel
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with Power BI, Tableau, Survey to Go, SPSS
- Ability to handle sensitive, highly confidential information.
- Experience in implementing setting up reporting dashboards instrumental in the critical business decision-making process
- Work experience as a Business Analyst in a financial, BPO, Research, and Marketing environment is highly desired.
Required Competencies and Mindsets
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written), with the ability to provide clear and effective advice on a range of people issues.
- Strong sense of urgency
- Proactive, adaptable and resourceful with a pragmatic, solution-focused approach to people issues.
- Good coaching and mentoring skills and an approach that builds capacity rather than dependency.
- Able to work independently and on own initiative, making informed and sensible judgements as well as working as part of a wider team.
- Seen as a credible source of advice and experienced in effectively resolving complex data and business matters.
This position is a 2-year fixed term employment engagement with a possibility of renewal based on performance
More about Generation and how to apply: www.generation.org
Please send an application attaching a CV to [email protected] on or before 12pm Friday 31st January 2020
Equality and diversity: Generation is committed both to promoting equality and diversity within the organization and to equal opportunities in employment. We believe in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit. Generation does not ask for payment from people that apply for jobs with Generation at any stage of the hiring process. If you have any specific queries, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Posted in Jobs Tags: analysis, analyst, analytical, business analyst, business analyst jobs in kenya, jobs in kenya, New jobs in Kenya