Job Vacancy – Operations Compliance Officer in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting an Operations Compliance Officer for our client, Technoserve in Nairobi.
Solutions for African Food Enterprises (SAFE) Program Duration (9 months)
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. Technoserve is a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Their work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, Technoserve believes in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Solutions for African Food Enterprises (SAFE) is a TechnoServe program implemented in alliance with Partners in Food Solutions (PFS) and USAID, with the aims of increasing competiveness of the food processing sector in Africa and expanding availability of affordable and nutritious foods. Through this alliance Technoserve links world-class expertise from 5 multinational companies [General Mills, Cargill, Buhler, Royal DSM, Hershey’s] and remotely transfer technology to small and growing businesses, supplementing direct support and in-depth knowledge provided by TechnoServe’s staff on the ground.
Reporting to the Program Director, the position will provide operational support to the regional Solutions for African Food Enterprises (SAFE) program, which is operating in Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia and Tanzania. The Operations Compliance Officer will work closely with the SAFE Program Director, other members of the Regional Management Team and Country Program Managers to ensure smooth and efficient implementation of HR, purchasing and administrative procedures during the last year of the program and program close out according to TechnoServe systems and incompliance with USAID rules and regulations.
The Operations Compliance Officer has a key role in ensuring adherence to donor rules and regulations through to contract close-out. They will provide professional expertise in United States Government cooperative agreement administration, and work in close communication with Program, Finance, Program Support and field staff colleagues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Logistics and Procurement
- Liaise with program staff, Procurement and Finance team to ensure program compliance with TechnoServe policies and with USAID rules and regulations on procurement
- General support with planning and logistics as required
- Liaise and support staff in developing and updating asset register in accordance with USAID regulations for each country of operation
- Ensure that all project equipment is appropriately labelled with donor logo, kept safely, maintained and accounted for
Support to Country Teams
- Support administrative, HR, procurement and logistics staff in country to implement the findings and recommendations of the recent compliance review in line with USAID rules and regulations and best practice
- Identify situations where USAID contractual obligations may not be met and develop and execute a plan to mitigate risks.
- Monitor program compliance and highlight any areas of concern
- Support country teams in program and office close out
- In liaison with in-country support staff, ensure that all staff are aware of and trained in their obligations with respect to TechnoServe policies and USAID rules and regulations on procurement and administrative procedures; train as needed in standardized procedures for efficient award and sub award management and recommend best practices; ensure all program records are accurate, comprehensive, up to date and filed in good order in both hard and soft copy with copies maintained at the regional office
- Articulate to and liaise with the Head of Global Compliance and Risk on the organization’s position on matters of regulation and other contractual issues, particularly where these may be non-compliant with USAID rules and regulations.
- Establish and maintain program documentation centrally and in each country in accordance with audit requirements
- Any other operational support as requested to ensure smooth implementation and close out of the program
- Contract management/administration
- Knowledge of USAID administrative requirements, cost principles and audit requirements (2 CFR 200)
- Ability to interpret, apply, and communicate complex regulations, provisions, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, effective communication and oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy with experience in online filing and MS Office packages
- Attention to detail, accuracy
- Ability to work in a team
- Training/coaching others
- Punctual, attention to detail, logical thinking.
- Degree in Social Sciences or business-related discipline;
- 5 years and above experience in USAID compliance monitoring or similar role.
- Experience in providing administrative/program implementation leadership support, ideally including to remote offices
- Good knowledge of USAID 2 CFR 200 Regulations.
- Experience in record keeping, computer-based data management
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Willingness to travel throughout the region
REPORTS TO: Regional Program Director – SAFE
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2536”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2536 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 12th December 2016
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: business administration, compliance, compliance manager, consultancy, contract jobs, job vacancy, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, nairobi, NGO, NGO jobs, Office, opening, operations, Opportunity, political science, social sciences