Job Vacancy – Operations Coordinator in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting a Operations Coordinator for MEBS Global.
About The Company
MEBS Global provides a variety of in-country support and local assistance as well as cargo transportation and logistics management services with primary focus in emerging markets and conflict, post conflict environments in the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
Established in 2011, the Kenya office is the hub for the East Africa region Operations. Providing Freight forwarding and Relocations Services to and from the region to a wide range of International companies and customers, our operations are growing every year.
About the role
As the Operations Coordinator, you will oversee operations follow up and customer experience management for some of our key accounts. You will ensure we continually offer great service to our clients and bring up client’s feedback to management for corrective actions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and reviewing of quotes for the accounts
- Drive the negotiations to attain the best rates from vendors
- Running freight coordination operations in General Cargo and Household goods.
- Organizing deliveries and pickups, clearing operations along with clearing agent, making sure of fast invoicing
and customer satisfaction.
- Organizing booking with the shipping lines and airlines for all outbound shipments, based on received rates.
- Keeping the clients constantly updated on the status of their shipments
- Organizing regular meetings with the clients to get feedback and understand ways to improve the service.
- Consolidate information gathered and make recommendations to management on improvement of the operations.
- Responsible for managing front of the house operations – taking client phone calls and walk-ins, and fielding
communications with vendors, prospective vendors, KRA/Customs…
- Occasionally extend your support to other functions aimed at achieving the goals of the organization.
Who we are looking for
- 3-5 years of experience ideally from a shipping, logistics background
- You have experience in Relocation and Household goods operations
- You have a track record of successfully managed client’s experiences
- You know how to communicate to stakeholders from diverse geographic and socio-economic backgrounds
- You have a vibrant personality and are a natural relationship builder
- You have outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- You have 2-3 years driving experience with valid BCE driving licence.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks in an orderly, efficient manner
- You have excellent email writing skills, clear and concise while still maintain a courteous expression
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
You have the cultural fit to work in MEBS if:
- You are highly adaptable and will easily blend with our tight team.
- You are confident to express your thoughts and give recommendations to management
- You take a proactive approach in addressing new situations and challenges
- Are open and comfortable working in an open and transparent culture, to receive feedback, positive or negative
- Are excited to work in a dynamic organization that blends start up and traditional approaches to management.
- You are open to flexible working hours and at the same time willing to stretch into longer working hours as per
- This opportunity is based in Nairobi, Kenya. We will arrange a 3-month probation period with learning andperformance objectives.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3322”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3322 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 13 April 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: africa, BCE, clearing, coordinator, customer, customs, East Africa, forwarding, freight, international, job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, logistics, Management, manager, nairobi, opening, operations, operations coordinator, Opportunity, Recruiting, Relationship, Start Up, transportation, Vacancies, vacancy, work