Job Vacancy – Partnerships & Business Development Representative
Duma Works is recruiting a Partnerships & Business Development Representative for one of its clients. AFRIpads.
AFRIpads is a pioneer and leader in the menstrual health movement in Africa. We are the world’s leading social enterprise manufacturing reusable sanitary pads, with over 3.5 million products distributed to date. As an impact driven social business, we provide a holistic Menstrual Health Management (MHM) solution consisting of menstrual products, training and M&E to organizations and beneficiaries in some of the most vulnerable areas of Africa, in both humanitarian and development contexts. AFRIpads is committed to economic development through locally manufacturing all of our products in our state of the art, 3,000 sqm factory in rural Southwestern Uganda, where we employ over 150 local staff (90% female). AFRIpads currently has teams based in three countries (Uganda, Kenya and Malawi) and has ambitious growth plans for the future. For more information please visit: www.afripads.com
About the Role
AFRIpads has established itself as the leading supplier of reusable sanitary pads in the East Africa region and beyond. The company’s fastest growing market segment is supplying reusable pads to Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and multilateral organizations (ex. UNICEF, UNFPA, etc.) in Sub-Saharan African countries (ex. Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Nigeria, etc.). AFRIpads seeks an exceptional Partnerships & Business Development Representative to maintain and grow our sales within Kenya for the initial (3-months), and then develop into a Representative supporting our on-going business development into Ethiopia and Somalia. The Representative will lead business development and drive demand creation for the AFRIpads product line (reusable pads), as well as deliver on our holistic approach to partnerships. The ideal candidate is a determined, self-motivated individual who is keen to gain hands-on experience in the humanitarian and development sectors by way of a growing social enterprise model.
- Maintain relations, and create new opportunities for the sales of AFRIpads Menstrual Kits, and other associated AFRIpads products, in Kenya and later into Ethiopia and Somalia, by supporting existing and identifying new partnerships with NGOs, UN Agencies, corporates and government bodies
- Deliver on the AFRIpads Partnership offering, including our educational and data collection toolkit, and the facilitation of training sessions for partner teams
- Effectively manage and maintain supportive relationships with customers, partners and stakeholders
- Assist customers with field visits to help inform on use and care of AFRIpads to product recipients, and conduct timely follow-up
- Support the Regional Partnerships & Business Development Manager to create new business opportunities in the global market segment
- Provide input on sales and marketing needs to support the marketing and communications team
- Keep an up-to-date database of all AFRIpads clients on com
- Attend conferences and trade shows to promote AFRIpads’ products and liaise with customers
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on related products in East Africa
- Three (3) years minimum work experience, ideally in business development, sales, marketing, entrepreneurship, customer service, or a similar field
- Proven ability to strategize, organize, and deliver a customized, targeted sales pitch to a broad spectrum of potential customers, partners and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity amongst culturally diverse staff and customers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively, with excellent time management and self-motivation
- Mastery of English with excellent command of the language, both written and oral
- Complete familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Flexibility with shifting priorities and competing demands in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) and travel frequently across East Africa and Horn of Africa Regions (50% travel)
- Willingness and flexibility to cover for travelling team mates and support other relevant office functions
- Commitment to the company’s mission and objectives, with a keen sensitivity to empower and enable value- conscious consumers through social enterprise
AFRIpads is offering a competitive compensation package (base salary plus commission) commensurate with experience and a 2-year renewable contract.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter, detailed CV inclusive of contact information, and contact details of 3 professional references to [email protected] marking the subject as “3669” Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3669 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 03 January 2020
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: africa, and, business, business development, care, collection, communication, Communications, creation, customer, Customer service, Data, development, East Africa, Economic, enterprise, entrepreneurship, ethiopia, factory, field, government, growth, impact, information, Kenya, line, manage, Management, manager, manufacturing, market, Marketing, marketplace, nigeria, of, Office, opportunities, partner, Partnerships, product, relations, renewable, representative, rural, salary, sales, salesforce, service, social, Social Enterprise, support, team, the, trade, training, travel, uganda, work