Job Vacancy – Pension Administrator in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting for a talented individual to fill the position of a Pension Administrator for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading financial and investment company.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring timely and efficient administration of the retirement benefits schemes in accordance with the Retirement Benefits Authority Act. This includes but is not limited to collection and posting of receipts, benefits processing and preparation of regular management and trustee reports and statutory returns to the Retirement Benefits Authority.
- Keep clients apprised of product and service enhancements, including changes in investment options.
- New Business promoter. Assist sales representatives with sales presentations, acting as a subject matter expert in Personal/SME/Corporate pension plans.
- Knowledge of RBA regulations and the new NSSF act requirements.
- Maintenance of accurate records of the Scheme member’s’ particulars including information on employer and employee contributions.
- Provide up to date balances on Member’s accounts as and when required.
- Processing and payment of all benefits.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in tax calculation in regard member’s benefits.
- Arranging payments to any third parties.
- Maintaining records of Member transfers.
- Arrange and make follow ups on annual audit of the schemes’ accounts.
- Maintenance and provision of Annual/ Periodic Master Fund Statement to scheme Trustees.
- Provision of Annual/ Periodic Individual Member Statements.
- Liaising with the Trustees, RBA, KRA and other relevant service providers to ensure that the schemes are compliant at all times.
- Providing plan information to all Scheme Members.
- Preparing returns in respect of the Retirement Benefits business as assigned for submission within the timelines provided.
- Arrange for scheme members’ Annual General Meetings.
- Providing excellent customer service to clients, members and third parties.
- Collaborating with IT to fully develop the Pensions Administration within BRIMS system.
- Managing of clients’ enquiries and complaints.
- Receipting of all contributions and allocating to respective members.
- To provide up to date management reports on monthly basis and periodically as required.
- To plan for and attend Trustees meeting and AGM.
- Preparation of the schemes draft accounts.
- Send notifications to employers contributing to the pension scheme on a monthly basis to ensure that the contributions made to the pension schemes are up-to-date.
- Any other duties assigned by management in line with task.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- BSc. (Mathematics / Statistics / Actuarial Science), BCom, (Accounting) or any other similar qualification from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the pension industry.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge in Tax computations in regards to operations of the schemes.
- Presentable, able to communicate clearly in both English and Swahili.
- Thorough knowledge of legislation governing Retirement Benefits in Kenya.
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills.
- Formal training in sales & marketing will be an added advantage
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2863”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2863 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 16th June 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, accounts, Administration, Administrator, audit, business, collection, company, corporate, customer, Customer service, DUMA, DUMA Works, employee, Finance, financial, investment, job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, Knowledge, maintenance, Management, Marketing, nairobi, operations, pension, processing, product, Recruiting, reporting, representatives, sales, Sales representatives, service, SME, statistics, training, Vacancies, vacancy, works