Job Vacancy – PHP/Laravel developer
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven software development experience in object-oriented PHP programming at intermediate level.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of and experience with Laravel framework
- Strong database skills working with MySQL or MariaDB.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git (Bitbucket).
- Experience with jQuery and plugins.
- Working with tools such as Yarn, Bower, Gulp, Composer, npm
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Working with a linux environment e.g. Ubuntu and Amazon linux AMI
- Working knowledge of AWS, setup and deploying php applications including knowledge of ec2 and RDS.
- Strong database skills including writing SQL queries and optimizing queries and indexes for large datasets.
- Support web-based systems developed in PHP.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a developer working on web applications.
- Agile (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) training or experience.
- Understanding the principles of Continuous Integration.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3462”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3462 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 2nd November 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.