Job Vacancy – Procurement And Stores Assistant
- Ensure that the client maximises value for money through the management of an efficient and effective procurement process with emphasis on pricing and supply reliability
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Research potential vendors
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Maintain strong working relationships with our vendors
- Generate orders (LPOs) and update and maintain the procurement system (Precoro)
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Prepare cost analyses (when required)
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Forward the approved purchasing orders to suppliers and organize for transport.
- Receiving all the deliveries and raising the GRNs after counterchecking that every item and service indicated on the Invoice is physically correct.
- Following up on unsupplied or inferior items from the suppliers for return for credit
- Manage and oversee the redistribution of goods to other departments as required.
- Management of the distribution of copies of invoices and GRNs to departmental managers for signing to confirm receipt.
- Collate all the purchasing and receiving documents and availing them to accounts for payment
- Coordinate and work with the Accounts Department to assist in conducting monthly and annual stock takes as required
- Manage the Main House maintenance store.
- Additional support work to the Main House Reception when required to ensure continuity in absence of other staff or when the desk requires 24-hour manning during client visits.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
- Age – above 30 years
- KCSE Minimum C- (minus)
- Diploma in Procurement or related course / ACCA progress
- 5 years’ experience in Stores
- Willing to work upcountry and live on site
- Proficiency in Computers, with excellent skills in Excel
- ERP Skills in Stock management
- Excellent English, spoken and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer Care Skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Team player
- Excellent time management and information transfer
- Knowledge of basic accounting
To apply online click here
* After making your application, you will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test from [email protected]. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: iko kazi, jobs in kenya, nanyuki, procurement jobs, store clerk, store clerk jobs