Job Vacancy – Production Manager
Duma works is recruiting a Production Manager. The hiring organization is a leading manufacturers of spices and snacks in the East African region and our brand is a household name in Kenya.
Purpose of the Position
- To produce products on Time, In Full and Error Free, consistent with intended Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale expectations
- Continuous Improvement
- Asset care and Improvement
The position supervises the Assistant Production manager directly and the Production leadership team indirectly
- Planning, coordinating and execution of the production objectives and schedules to ensure that production, pull planning and customer requirement targets are achieved
- Continuous improvement using manufacturing excellence systems – Kaizen, TPM, ISO 22000:2005 etc.
- Develop and cascade the manufacturing KPIs and monitor the same on the Balanced Score Card
- Formulate and execute a sustainable production strategy, policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety (OSH) and Morale
- Deletion of Muda, Mura and Muri in the production process while improving the productivity ratio
- Develop and control the direct labour, direct materials and overheads budget
- Process and People capability development while creating effective work environments
- Manage third party contracts for manufacturing and the manufacturing service delivery
- Optimization, care and improvement of the asset base while delivering an On Time, In Full and Error free operation
- Measurement and the resultant correction or corrective action activities
- Any other leadership assignment relevant to the fabric of our brand.
Key Result Areas
- Waste reduction
- Nil stock outs from poor production planning and scheduling
- OEE, Measurement and Productivity improvement
- Develop capacity of the production team towards a flexible operation
- Improve communication and accountability within the supply chain
- Continuous improvement through operational excellence.
The Education, training, and experience required for the position include the following:
- A bachelors degree in Engineering or in Science. A MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar capacity in a related industry
- Must be familiar with best practice in manufacturing
- Training and knowledge in HACCP / ISO 22000 / GMP / Kaizen would be an added advantage.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3188”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3188 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 26 January 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, assistant, capacity, care, chain, communication, control, cost, customer, delivery, development, director, Education, engineering, industry, job, key, Knowledge, Leadership, manager, manufacturing, MBA, of, people, planning, policies, production, production manager, Quality, science, service, stock, strategy, supply, supply chain, systems, team, the, training, work