Job Vacancy – Program Assistant
Job Opportunity – Program Assistant
Roles and Responsibilities
Operational and Administrative Support (70%)
- Keep the Business Development Advisors accountable by ensuring all key outputs are delivered on time. This will require regular reminders of deadlines and keeping a repository of all outputs with a clear date on when each was submitted.
- Ensure all program reports are filed on time. This will include sending regular reminders to the Field staff and keeping the master dashboard updated and accurate.
- Support the Program Manager (PM) in planning yearly activities of the program team and keeps the program calendar updated.
- Maintain an updated record of all partner payments and sends a monthly report and reminders to partners and program staff including the PM.
- Manage and iterates alumni engagement strategy for future cohorts.
- Support the PM in conducting research of importance to Ongoza and devising follow-up strategies on the same.
- Assist the Program team to develop tools and templates for SMEs in Ongoza’s focus areas of product development, sales and marketing, strategy and operations.
- Maintain partners/ entrepreneurs’ records/ files on organization’s Dropbox.
- Develop and maintains an efficient filing system for the team, including assistance in processing calls for proposals as required.
- Coordinate the proofreading and editing of documents as required.
- Organize regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices.
- Take minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings.
- Assist in the orientation of new staff, interns, research fellows and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation.
Travel Management (15%)
- Maintain and regularly update travel plans and budget amounts to provide an accurate overview of the Program team’s travel budget, which includes liaising with field staff for their input.
- Advise the Program Manager of projected overruns.
- Responsible for formatting, distribution and filing of trip reports.
- Reconcile travel expenditures for all team members and submits them for authorization and payment. Workshops and Events (15%)
- Provide logistical arrangements support for workshops.
- Prepare training kits or information packages and sends material to participants in a timely manner.
- Coordinate registration process.
Please note other responsibilities may be required based upon the growth of Ongoza.
Education and Skills Required
- A bachelor’s degree in a social science field required.
- At least two years work experience in a similar role preferably a start-up, SME or small business environment.
- Experience in database management and statistical analysis. SPSS a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with experience in working with Microsoft Excel required.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English and Kiswahili.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to solve organizational challenges.
- Have a passion for the Kenyan entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You are an independent self-starter who flourishes in a changing environment and can manage yourself. You have excellent collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- You are open to learning and challenging yourself in order to grow the organization and yourself.
- You are highly organized. You have a keen eye to detail and an ability to establish systems to manage constant flows of information.
- You make things happen. You have a proven track record of meeting targets on time. You are creative, solutions-oriented, and willing to put in the time it takes to do a great job. You follow through.
- Most of all, you believe in our vision and mission – the power of youth-led businesses to transform Kenya.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3417”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3417 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 13th July 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: business development, communication, database management, entrepreneurs, entrepreneurship, Job Opportunity, jobs in nairobi, Management, manager, product development, program assistant, proposals, research, SME, SPSS, the