Job Vacancy – Program Coordinator
Generation Kenya is hiring a Program Coordinator to oversee a Financial Services Sales training program.
Generation is a global youth employment program that helps provide young adults the opportunity to build successful careers and change their life trajectories. In Kenya, we have successfully launched five training programs: Financial Services Sales, Retail and Restaurant Services, Distributed Sales, Customer Service Agent and Sewing Machine Operator. We are seeking a talented program coordinator interested in contracting for a full-time role to lead one of our Financial Service Sales programs. The Program Coordinator will report to the Generation Kenya Operations Manager. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for end to end delivery of the program’s cohorts: mobilization and screening of candidates, preparation of new training centers and material needed for instruction, quality assurance, managing relationships with the program branch managers during training and, after placement, post-graduation monitoring of candidates and overall coordination of the program.
- Being primary point of contact between Generation Kenya and delivery partners, students and the client
- Building and maintaining relationships with the client’s branch managers and team leaders
- Ensuring that all regulatory requirements and funder demands are met at the centre and student level
- Monitoring performance of delivery partner and students during bootcamp and after placement
- Preparing training centres by ensuring the readiness of all classroom materials (e.g. computers, chairs, boards), utilities (e.g.electricity, internet, toilets), signage, materials for field exercises (e.g. water, detergent), etc. before the start of each program
- Training/management of centre staff – ensuring staff (coaches, teaching assistants) are prepared before program begins, assisting them in solving problems, organising weekly staff meetings, ensuring compliance with Generation’s monitoring tools and processes
- Overseeing the planning and execution of youth mobilisation and screening, from supervising use of different mobilization platforms (print, social media, community mobilizers), to ensuring quality execution of screening process (information sessions,literacy/numeracy tests, 1:1 interviews, and registration)
- Coordinating logistics of day-to-day running of programs, including distribution of programme schedule and materials to instructors and students, support of field exercise logistics, supervision of use of grading tools (scorecard and assistance tracker), etc.
- Managing the client’s presentations for candidates, ensuring content and schedule is followed
- Maintaining database with student information and programme records before and after placement, ensuring candidate performance follow-up and maintaining contact with all alumni
- Solving for consistent programme and process improvement
- Collecting, synthesizing and responding to feedback on the programme and the curriculum from students and the client
- Problem-solving on updates to curriculum and operational improvements
- Ability to coordinate 6 centres: 3 in Nairobi CBD and remaining ones in Thika, Machakos and Kitengela
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 3-5 years of direct supervisory management experience
- Experience preparing youth for employment
- Ability to lead interactions and meetings with employers
- “Do-er” mindset, with a passion for the start-up environment, fast changing priorities and achieving challenging goals
- Well-developed sense of attention to detail
- Interest in working in a fast growing organization and being an integral part of aggressive scale
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence,and ability to be a team player
- This role is a full time position (40 hours a week) with an expected start date of January 8th. The expected minimum duration is 12 months
- The position requirements and responsibilities are subject to changes, based on the program partner’s input
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3119”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3119 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 30 November 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Alumni, and, assurance, building, careers, compliance, content, coordinator, delivery, electricity, Employment, field, financial, full time, information, internet, interviews, KCSE, Kenya, level, logistics, Management, manager, media, monitoring, nairobi, of, operations, operations manager, Opportunity, partner, placement, planning, point, program, Program coordinator, programme coordinator, programs, Quality, quality assurance, restaurant, retail, sales, services, social, Social Media, support, teaching, team, tests, the, Thika, training, Youth