Job Vacancy – Program Manager
Duma Works is supporting our client, Boma Project, to recruit a Program Manager in Isiolo, Kenya.
The Program Manager (PM) will lead the design and implementation of the poverty graduation approach with partners and governments in the assigned program. The PM will work closely with NGO partners and governments to deliver on donor commitments to graduation, with a focus on adapting the implementation to the context in which the graduation approach is implemented. The PM will be responsible for driving performance and results to achieve program objectives. The PM will lead the team to deliver timely project implementation, monitor project activities, and ensure quality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the assigned program.
- Coordinate with technical, programmatic, and administrative personnel involved in the implementation of the activity
- Ensure timely project implementation and technical reliability, monitor project activities, and ensure quality, including work planning, progress tracking, and reporting.
- Provide technical and/or operational guidance to the Field officers and Mentors involved in the program
- Coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed program management plans that may include implementation plans, deliverable tracking, etc.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly, and annual program work planning and budgeting, making adjustments in coordination with the Director of Programs and the consortium partners (where applicable).
- Present the workplans, Scope of Work and Schedule of activities to the Administration Department as per recommended timelines for proper facilitation and supervise the fulfillment of the activities according to the work plan.
- Manage the use of resources diligently and oversee internal control processes allocated to the program.
- Ensure that Mentors and Field officers use the equipments assigned to them in the right way for which they are designed for. The resources include tablets, motorbikes and laptops.
- Participate in recruitment and hiring of personnel where required by the People Operations Manager.
- Conduct performance reviews for your direct reports as per the performance review calendar.
- Identify development and training needs of the staff as per your assigned program and provide recommendations to the relevant parties i.e. Training Manager, IT Manager, MERL Manager & People Operations Manager.
- Manage the assigned program’s budget, monitor expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the program progresses.
- Produce timely and high-quality program reports as per schedule in the program design.
Collaboration, Learning and Adapting
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) team to establish and maintain periodic reviews of Graduation performance standards.
- Collaborate with the MERL team to design and implement high quality MERL in the assigned program.
- Organize and/or represent BOMA and the Graduation agenda when called upon to enhance learning and promote the adaptation of the Graduation approach.
Taking up any other additional duties and responsibilities that are assigned from time to time.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Flexible and adaptable with proven capacity to respond rapidly and effectively to a changing environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and being held accountable for meeting ambitious targets.
- Leadership skills to work with autonomy while still being collaborative, prioritize tasks, and positively influence others to follow directives and meet deliverables.
- Problem-solver mentality, with the ability to adapt seamlessly to changing priorities and enforce regulations.
- Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources; and
- Adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines seamlessly
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Economics, Business, Development or a related field required from a recognized institution. Master’s degree in a relevant field desired.
- Minimum 5 years managing livelihood and community development projects, specifically with a youth entrepreneurship component.
- Certification in Project Management Training (desired))
- Excellence interpersonal, oral and written communication and negotiation skills, including expert command of English grammar and AP style.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, remote conferencing applications. Salesforce experience is a plus
- Experience within the region and understanding of local dynamics highly preferred.
- Experience in change management in growing organizations
Click here to submit your application through the Duma Works portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to Duma.
Submit your cover letter and CV as one document.
This position will remain open until filled.
This is a 1-year renewable contract depending on performance and program funding
*You will receive a confirmation email from [email protected] and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, administrative, analytical, and, building, business, business development, capacity, communication, control, Design, development, director, donor, driving, economics, entrepreneurship, environment, evaluation, excel, field, Hiring, information, international, internet, IT, IT manager, learning, level, Management, manager, monitoring, NGO, of, operations, operations manager, people, planning, program, program management, Program manager, programs, project, project management, Quality, Recruitment, Relationship, relationship building, reliability, reporting, reports, research, salesforce, team, technical, the, training, work, Youth