Job Vacancy – Program Officer
Duma works is recruiting a Program Officer for one of our clients in Nanyuki, Boma Project; it is a U.S. nonprofit and Kenyan NGO with a growing approach to alleviating poverty.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Program Officer will provide support for program operations for multiple counties in northern Kenya. Reporting to the Kenya Program Director, the Program Officer will provide operational/administrative, coordination, research and logistical support to day-to-day program operations and assist with the flow of information between program, HR, finance and fundraising. The position requires a results and detail-oriented professional with a sound understanding of NGO program operations, excellent writing and reporting skills, office management processes and operations; including excellent people relations skills.
- Support program Regional and Program managers to develop annual, quarterly and monthly implementation plans and coordinate quarterly consolidated review meetings.
- Develop concept papers and coordinate region specific information collection to support proposals to major donors, in coordination with technical specialists, finance and procurement staff.
- Keep the REAP timeline up to date and provide relevant information to relevant staff for external communications about program progress.
- In coordination with the Regional and Program Managers, prepare monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports, newsletters, situational reports and other reports as necessary.
- Link with the operations and finance departments to ensure timely and appropriate support for program implementation.
- Participate in program and M&E meetings and keep records of key decisions and action points .
- Provide support to Regional Managers, Program Managers, other technical staff and the Kenya Program Director as required.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Agriculture, Livelihoods or related field. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role working on project support, project design, report writing, and project management required.
Particular experience in Northern Kenya is an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills
·Knowledge and experience of program management tools
·Demonstrated coordination and facilitation skills
·Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
·Ability to pursue thoroughness and appropriate attention to detail.
·Ability to express self clearly in all forms of communication.
·Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina
·Ability to manage work life and work without supervision
·Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
·Ability to communicate in Samburu, Borana, Somali, Rendille or Turkana languages would be an added advantage.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3411”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3411 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 27 July 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: jobs in kenya, Kenya, NGO, NGO jobs, northern kenya, program, program implementation, program management, program officer, project, project design, project management, project support, proposals, report writing, research, social sciences, US non-profit