Job Vacancy – Project Director
Duma Works is recruiting a Project Manager for a Social Leadership Program. The hiring company is a leading Entertainment Enterprise in East Africa with initiatives across Africa.
Develop the overall strategy for the client and expand their partner and funding scope
- Create long, medium and short term strategies to achieve the Initiative’s goal
- Cultivate new partner relationships to support various projects
- Conduct relevant background research on potential partners and donors
- Identify potential funding leads and partnership opportunities and provide this information to the board of trustees
Recruit and Lead Project Partner Relations Team to secure programmatic grants for the initiative
- Work in collaboration with the client to identify thematic areas that would then be developed into projects
- Provide mentorship and training as appropriate to the team
- Delegate tasks and duties as required.
Proactively manage relations with partners to identify opportunities for support
- Oversee all relations with partner agencies
- Engage regularly with donor representatives and other partners to build and strengthen long-term relationships
Key Decision Dimensions
- Decisions pertaining coordination of information submissions and of ongoing dialogue with external partners/donors
- Decisions on relationship management techniques relevant to individual partners/donors; strategies
- Decisions on effective proposal development and grant management – management of the wider team, delegation of tasks, assignment of responsibilities and internal quality control.
Key Performance Metrics
- Secure programmatic grants from bilateral and multilateral organisations based on mutually agreed to targets on an annual and rolling longer term basis
- Development of strong team to secure grants
- Development of high quality proposals
Experience and knowledge
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 having been in a senior management role
- Excellent research and analytical, written and presentation skills with a high level of comfort with technology
- Experience in developing and writing proposals, coordinating multiple inputs from a variety of sources
- Experience in grants management
- Experience in managing partner relations.
- Strong inter-personal skills, tact, sense of confidentiality and ability to work in a cross-institutionalised & multi-cultural environment
- Proven written, analytical, verbal, presentation and IT competencies
- Ability to work under continuous pressure with multiple competing priorities, demands and deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and able to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to solve problems and work around obstacles, both internal and external
- Proven track record in leading, managing, building and developing teams
- Understanding and experience of development phases in organisations
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2798”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2798 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 18 May 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: analytical, and, building, Communications, control, creation, development, donor, Finance, grants, impact, information, IT, job, key, Knowledge, Leadership, level, manage, Management, of, opportunities, partner, personal, point, PR, program, program management, project, proposal, proposals, Quality, Quality control, Recruit, Recruitment, relations, Relationship, relationship management, representatives, research, resource, senior, social, strategy, support, team, technology, the, training, visual, work, writing, Youth