Job Vacancy – Project Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Project Manager for our client, The Hummingbird Initiative.
To be the link between the Hummingbird Initiative and the Community in respect of all agreed joint community development initiatives.
To identify, manage, coordinate, evaluate and report on the implementation of agreed Hummingbird-supported community development projects in the Kanjoo Community to include financial management, quality control, troubleshooting and community liaison.
- Be the link between THI and the community
- Advise THI board on the community’s development needs and areas of potential intervention
- Carry out community survey to identify development opportunities
- Work with community leaders and members
- Advise THI on community needs assessment and project requirements
- Mobilise community members and convene community meetings to achieve agreed outcomes relating to Hummingbird-supported community projects
- Prepare reports (schedule to be agreed with the Hummingbird Board) on the status of agreed projects.
- Deliver selected projects within budget and scope, according to the agreed Work Plan
- Carry out project monitoring and evaluation against the agreed Work Plan to ensure that objectives are being met
- Manage budgets and be accountable for project funds received
- Identify and coordinate with suppliers and contractors
- Keep and maintain simple financial records and simple book keeping
- Advise the THI board on any arising issues that might affect the effective delivery of its mandate in Kenya.
Skills, experience and qualities
- Minimum bachelors of education in business or other relevant field. Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Community mobilisation skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with community leaders and members at all levels
- Ability and experience to prioritise projects and manage budgets
- Project reporting and monitoring skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Preferably a community member and with a good understanding of the target community’s traditions, culture and structure
- A good understanding and familiarity with the project area
- Basic book keeping knowledge
- Integrity in management of funds and projects
- Fairness in allocation of projects and resources
- Openness, transparency
- Attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills (email, Excel, Word, Quickbooks (or similar)
- Ability to take regular photos send these to THI team to update the social media channels
- Ability to work conscientiously to agreed deadline.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3644”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3644 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Tuesday, 03 December 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, book keeping, business, communication, control, delivery, development, Education, evaluation, field, financial, financial management, jobs in kenya, Jobs in Meru, Kenya, Liaison, manage, Management, media, monitoring, of, project, project manager, Quality, Quality control, reporting, reports, social, Social Media, survey, team, The Hummingbird Initiative, work