Job Vacancy – Project Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Project Manager for our client; an agricultural technology social enterprise focused on improving food and income security throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
Farmers across Kenya lack the capital and liquidity to participate fully in the financial markets and gain access to the tools and services needed to adequately develop their land.
Beginning with a 6-month pilot, the company has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced project manager who can work at a high level across the two organizations. You will be working with a world-class team of professionals who are passionate about what they do and will expect no less from you. Having an insatiable hunger for learning new technologies and improving existing ones is key. Passion to apply technology to meet the needs of low-income farmers is an absolute must. If it is a good mutual fit, you will pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the pilot. The PM works with Executive Management to manage the pilot activities in Kenya, with a sole focus on ensuring project success for long term growth opportunities. Using an active and practical approach, the PM will coordinate all project partners and beneficiaries to attain the pilot’s strategic goals established in the strategic plan.
Among these objectives are
- Coordinating pilot project stakeholders, including tractor owners, farmer groups, and the company’s stakeholders
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the “total cost of doing business” implications beyond the cost of pilot activities (i.e., field start-up & support; custom application solutions’ design, documentation & support).
- Present complex ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuade others, including senior management, customers, partners and industry groups, to adopt recommended design solutions.
- Keep well informed of, and educate the company’s leadership concerning, technological advances, business opportunities and industry dynamics affecting the success of the pilot and go-to market strategy.
- Oversee the deployment and disciplined use of AGILE and to ensure timely and cost effective IT rollout, product development and introduction.
- Ensure that all products meet appropriate national and international codes and standards.
- Serve as a role model supporting the company’s mission, values and culture.
- Resident of Kenya
- Willingness to travel to rural areas for stakeholder meetings, partner engagement and platform launch activities.
- Bachelor of Science in related field and at least 3 years’ experience in the agricultural arena.
- Organizational Skills:
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage through influence.
- Work within a cross-functional team to provide expertise in the design and planning of system solutions.
- Simplify, streamline and automate to increase system scalability and reliability, improve efficiency, and minimize errors.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction is also essential. Desire for and comfort with wearing multiple hats a major plus.
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2604”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2604, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th January 2017
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
Posted in Jobs Tags: agribusiness, agriculture, DUMA Works, food technology, job, jobs in kenya, Kenya, nairobi, Opportunity, Part time jobs, project manager, technology, vacancy