Job Vacancy – Project Manager
Duma works is recruiting a Project Manager for our client, TenSenses.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Project Manager to join the team in Kenya. The Manager will be responsible for expanding the company’s operations in Kenya and communicating to the Managing Director. Key responsibilities for the role include prospecting, closing, and launching partnerships in agribusiness, sales points,nursery development and training of stakeholders.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Improve/develop the capacity of project staff/farmers’ associations to identify sustainable agro-based economic opportunities and understand and implement a demand-driven, commercialisation approach to rural development based on access to markets
- Identify and assist in coordinating relevant workshops in agriculturalmarketing issues for project staff and project beneficiaries.
- Develop or facilitate training modules for project staff related to the key decision making tools for market analysis and program intervention design
- Provide technical capacity to programme beneficiaries to improve their understanding of business-related concepts in seeds companies development such as: factors of production; costs of production; quality control/market standards; opportunity cost; gross margin and profit analysis; return on investment; credit/budgeting; and risk
- Assist with the preparation of training materials, guide and manuals
- Provide support and guidance to the project manager to develop, review, oversee and review project strategy and activities related to the implementationof the project according to the project proposal
- Assist in the development of appropriate criteria and a suitable delivery mechanism for the facilitation of adequate investment and training in farm and nonfarm enterprises
- Provide technical assistance for the design of the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy
- Develop M&E system to measure profitability and relevant business indicators of targeted seeds companies. Subsequently oversee project’s M&E system, ensuring the provision of quality data on a timely basis for internal project management and external reporting purposes
- Assist in establishing linkages with private sector service providers and buyers for accessing new farm and non-farm enterprise opportunities and in the negotiation of market contracts and MOUs with selected private sector partners.
- Assist in the facilitation of linkages with local agencies for accessing new non-farm enterprises opportunities in conservation areas
- Design a strategy to strengthen linkages between civil society organisations, government representatives and the private sector.
- Maintain working relations with relevant government line ministries and private sector/research institutions to coordinate the adoption of new products and/or approaches in agriculture development and marketing
- Provide technical support in the establishment of a marketing database to keep farmers, consumers and buyers informed of the prevailing market prices of various agro-industrial products and commodities
- Bachelors degree in agricultural economics, marketing or business administration, or related field
- 5-7 years international experience in agro-business development, preferably in farm planning and economic analysis
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, exporters, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers or processors)
- Familiarity with commonly used tools for market analysis and program design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business planning
- Experience with community-based programming
- Experience in small to medium scale agro-enterprise management
- Experience with externally funded development programmes would be desirable, preferably with experience in market-oriented projects
- Experience in dealing with local interlocutors (local NGOs, government ministries), preferably in an African context
- Fluency in English.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2781”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2781 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 05 May 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, agribusiness, agricultural, agriculture, analysis, and, business, business administration, capacity, civil, control, cost, Data, delivery, Design, development, director, economics, enterprise, evaluation, field, government, international, job, Kenya, key, line, Management, manager, market, Marketing, Markets, monitoring, of, operations, opportunities, Opportunity, planning, production, program, project, project management, project manager, proposal, Quality, Quality control, relations, reporting, representatives, research, rural, sales, service, strategy, support, team, technical, the, training, work