Job Vacancy – Public Relations – Account Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Public Relations professional for one of our clients in Nairobi.
Terms of service: 1 year contract (renewable)
Start date: Immediately
Purpose of the job:
- To help develop and execute strategic public relations strategies that accomplish clients’ Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- To effectively and appropriately execute and delegate on client accounts to ensure goals are accomplished.
- To understand the client’s needs and grow the relationship through exceptional results.
Key responsibilities of the job:
- Develop and finalize drafts of internal and external documents: pitches, news releases, talking points, fact sheets, bios, agendas, basic newsletter and website content, creative briefs
- Work with the team and strategize to create and innovate on behalf of public relations plans for all clients
- Provide strategic insight and expertise on holistic campaigns that speak to consumers and strategic needs that address client challenges and goals
- Hold and use excellent relationships with media on the local, regional and national level, and across all mediums to deliver results on behalf of all clients
- Boast a dynamic and close-knit freelance network of media
- Participate in and conduct media training sessions and media interviews
- Publicize the agency
- Maintain an understanding of current and applicable news impacting industries related to the client and its clientele
- Possess a futuristic mindset and understanding of where the industry is headed and brings new + innovative ideas to the agency
- Ability to problem-solve, inspire, brainstorm, and remove obstacles and barriers for team and clients
- Participate in weekly, monthly and annual status reviews with members of the public relations team
- Participate in weekly practice area meetings to align public relations practice area, measure success, identify areas of concern and establish necessary solutions
- Work with other team members to achieve KPIs for specific client accounts to ensure client satisfaction, growth and retention
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by aligning with the company culture and core values
- Work with the Public Relations team to establish strategic public relations campaigns for new clients
- Identify new business prospects
- Research and monitor clients’ business and industry to grow knowledge base and identify upsell opportunities
- Sustain and grow the client by delivering superior work and consistent results and regularly generating fresh ideas for clients
- Maintain knowledge on a client’s budget and allotted hours to effectively manage and complete tasks at hand while maintaining profitability
- At least 3 years in public relations, media relations background preferred
- Prior agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, strategic communications, marketing and/or communications
- Proven leadership in managing, guiding and successfully developing a team
- Previous experience in client-facing interaction and management of strategic public relations, marketing or communications strategies
Personal traits and competences:
- Strong understanding of current media landscape and earned media strategies, plus established relationships with local regional and national media
- Strong project management and budgeting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work in a faced-paced, deadline-driven work environment
To apply online click here
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: agency, job vacancy, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, project management, Public relations, Public Relations Jobs in Kenya