Job Vacancy – Quality Assurance Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Quality Assurance Manager for a leading manufacturing company in Nairobi, Kenya.
This role supports Company Operations by ensuring adherence to established quality parameters by every department, and enforcing quality standards across the company; testing materials and products and discovering opportunities for improving working conditions and executing the Companies Health & Safety programs.
- Approval of chemical and microbiological tests on all the raw materials and finished products to ensure that they meet the company and other relevant statutory standards.
- Inspecting and approving all the incoming materials according to company specifications.
- Inspecting and approving all the finished products according to specifications.
- Developing company standards on the raw materials and end products in consultation with the Research and Development.
- Supervision of on line quality tests and taking or advising the relevant personnel on corrections or corrective actions where the products or processes are found to be non -conforming.
- Developing operating procedures for production processes and hygiene requirements in consultation with the relevant departments, and ensuring that the developed operating procedures are adhered to at all times to consistently achieve the set quality standards.
- Development of ISO standards as a Management Representative and Food Safety Team Leader
- Evaluating warehousing and distribution conditions on shelf life of the company products.
- Waste management and control / NEMA / Energy Audits management.
- To inform, update and train the production personnel in the operation of a clean plant for the manufacture of safe and acceptable quality products.
- Customer complaints: Working closely with both the marketing and research and development to ensure that all the customer complaints regarding quality of products are resolved satisfactorily.
- Recording and reporting quality control evaluation results to the top management.
- Ensuring that the government regulations on Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental issues, KEBS, US FDA, UKAS are met.
- Training in Food safety, and conducting internal as well as external audits.
- Managing hygiene standards within the company.
- SOP -Development of SOP for QA and external contractors, Security issues.
- Reporting and analyzing the Quality parameters in the ERP
- Ensure that all machines comply with all statutory issues/calibration .
- Help in Kaizen, energy management implementation and other change programs.
Key Result Areas
1. Chemical/ Microbiological test approval
2. Evaluation of incoming raw material/packaging materials
3. Evaluation of finished products
4. Development of company standard
5. Development of operating procedures/ISO 22000
6. Online quality Assurance
7. Dev. And up gradation of ISO standard
8. Waste management control
9. Plant hygiene
10. Customer complaints
11. QA report to top management
12. Occupational health and safety
14. External audit of suppliers
15. SOP related to QA
16. Machines calibration requirements
17. Maintaining Sanitation dept.
1. 10% of his working time may be taken on visits to other departments to oversee Quality Assurance and Health & Safety programs.
2. May be require from time to time to work beyond standard office hours.
Note: All job descriptions are subject to management review and may be modified based on business requirements. In case of any variation between this description and the actual duties performed, management has the right to make appropriate decision
2. Departmental Heads
3. Section Heads
1. ISO Service providers
2. Directorate of Occupational Health & Safety
3. Public Health Department
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science
• Master’s Degree an added Advantage
• In depth knowledge of modern Quality Management Systems and Process.
• Working Knowledge of labour legislation on Safety, Health and Environment management
• 8 years’ experience 5 of which should have been spent in as similar position
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Very strong personality and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team Development Track Record
• High level of commitment to duty, and discipline.
• Demonstrable ability to put customer interests first.
• Strong focus on impact
• Unquestionable level of integrity.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3189”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3189 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 19 January 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, assurance, audit, business, chemical, communication, company, consultation, control, customer, Dev, development, energy, ERP, evaluation, food, food safety, food science, government, impact, job, key, Knowledge, level, line, Management, Marketing, of, Office, online, operations, opportunities, production, programs, Quality, quality assurance, Quality control, reporting, representative, research, science, security, service, systems, team, team leader, tests, training, waste, waste management, work