Job Vacancy – Receptionist
Duma Works is recruiting a Receptionist for our client; a leading importer and distributor of beverages in East Africa.
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Answering and forwarding all incoming phone calls.
- Customer Service Skills a must.
- Soft spoken voice and being to understand all communications procedures.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Update calendars and schedule meetings.
- Arrange travel and accommodations as and how required.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing if required.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. PABX system).
- Professional attitude and appearance/ smart personality.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service attitude and politeness a must.
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3001”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3001 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 25 August 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, area, communication, Communications, forwarding, Front, front office, information, Management, Office, person, phone, reception, receptionist, representative, security, service, travel, work