Job Vacancy – Retail Shop Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Retail Shop Manager for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading beauty brand in Kenya.
The company is looking for shop managers to drive their retail cosmetics business. The teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. The ideal candidate will interact with their clients on a daily basis to ensure that excellent customer service is delivered by the brand consultants and therapists.
- In charge of driving sales through your team by creating and maintaining an atmosphere geared to achieving sales, profits and goals.
- Meet with staff individually, to set goals and monitor overall performance. Develop their skills in respective areas. Identify training required.
- Resolve customer issues and requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create weekly work schedule for the staff members. Ascertaining that staff adheres to company policies in terms of reporting times, attitude and behaviour at work. Liaising with the HR team in case of any major disciplinary concerns.
- Responsible for the managing and ordering of stock through a supply chain. Ensure that the inventory levels are sufficient on a month to month basis.
- Control all store expenses within the budget guidelines and petty cash policies.
- Keeping communication lines with the Head Office team and generating monthly reports on sales and all the in-store activities.
- Collaborating with the Inventory department to manage inventory, asset and cash management by adhering to set company policies.
- With support from the Marketing team, help run in-store promotions and activations as well as initiating special events.
- Preserve merchandising, display, and showroom hygiene standards and guidelines.
- Handling any corporate clients and/or handing them over to trade sales.
- Ensuring the sales team keeps up with trends utilizing the talent management team to constantly develop skills thus being a market leader in an evolving beauty industry.
- Reporting directly to the Retail Sales & Operations Lead.
- Have a University degree/ diploma, or equivalent (3 years retail sales management experience).
- Sales background in service/luxury industry. Can engage customers, sell with various tactics, handle conflicts with customers.
- Ability to manage a team, develop and oversee business processes.
- Have a passion for the cosmetic industry and willing to develop your skills.
- Able to engage, sell to and satisfy high income, knowledgeable, luxury oriented customers. Can design promotions to drive sales. Results & target driven.
- Able to motivate and support a team to reach targets through diligence and creativity.
- Able to handle conflicts with staff and with customers.
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about cosmetic trends.
- Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can quickly compile reports in Excel, Word, pull advanced reports from CRM, ERP or POS systems.
- Results oriented and strong ‘winning’ and ‘owner’ attitude.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2927”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2927 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 26 July 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: activations, beauty, brand, business, chain, communication, company, corporate, cosmetics, customer, Customer service, diploma, DUMA, DUMA Works, HR, industry, inventory, job, Kenya, manage, Management, manager, market, Marketing, merchandising, nairobi, promotions, Recruiting, retail, retail management, Retail Manager, sales, stock, supply, supply chain, support, systems, talent, talent management, team, trade, training, work, works