Job Vacancy – Sales and Marketing Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Sales and Marketing Manager for KENIC. KENIC is the entity charged with the management and the administration of the dot ke Country Code Top-Level Domain (.ke ccTLD) name.
Sales and Marketing Manager’s work is to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth.He/She will define the long-term organizational strategic goals, managing staff, builds\key customer relationships, identify business opportunities,negotiates and closes business deals. In addition, maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual registrars and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners through discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential,and financials;
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements by; developing and negotiating agreements and integrating agreement requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training to marketing staff
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s strategic goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the
- company’s performance
- Preparing, proposals, PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
- Fundraising for KeNIC’s activities
Skills and Qualification: –
Bachelors degree in marketing from a reputable institution
Minimum 5 years
Member in good standing of CIM or MSK
Strong communication skills and IT fluency
Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
In-depth knowledge of ICT industry and its current events
The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
Digital Marketing Experience
Networking and public speaking
Financial Planning and Strategy
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3320”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3320 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 30 April 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: business development, CRM, digital marketing, ICT, IT, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Marketing, marketing manager, people, sales