Job Vacancy – Sales Development Leader
Duma Works is recruiting a Sales Development Leader for our client; a leading fast moving consumer goods company focusing on developing sales with dairy products in the informal trade to the low income segment. The business is organizing a street based distribution into low-income areas in larger cities in Kenya.
The company is looking to recruit an experienced individual in Mombasa who will drive the sales development of the business in Mombasa. The individual will assist in driving the implementation of the company’s sales and distribution strategy in Mombasa. In doing so, the individual will assist to identify and develop both the right infrastructure and the right team members in order to facilitate a successful roll out of the business in Mombasa.
Most of the activities undertaken by the Sales Development Leader will be related to field oriented sales development tasks as opposed to desk related. The individual needs to possess an in-depth knowledge of the FMCG sector in Mombasa and have a strong “sales-builder” mindset rather than a “sales-maintenance” mindset. The individual also needs to be a strong relationship builder and be able to leverage on these relations to develop the business in Mombasa.
From the outset the individual will report to the CEO and provide support to him for a wide variety of tasks. This includes but is not limited to
- Commissioning of new company Depots
- Activiting new distributors
- Scouting for sales depot locations
- Implementing operational processes at Depots and with distributors
- Manage sales depot staff and distributors
- Taking active part in preparation and implementation of marketing campaigns
- Providing feedback from market
Criteria for role
- In-depth sales experience from the FMCG industry in Mombasa
- Experience in working with distributors in the informal trade
- Field oriented
- Team leader/management experience
- Structured mindset
- Proactive mindset and likes to take initiative
- Ability to think analytical and plan effectively
- Ability to build strong relations with customers
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3358”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3358 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 31 May 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: analytical, and, business, client, company, development, driving, field, fmcg, industry, Kenya, Knowledge, Marketing, Mombasa, of, Recruit, Recruiting, relations, Relationship, sales, strategy, support, team, the, trade, works