Job Vacancy – Field Sales Executive in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting a Field Sales Executive in Nairobi for Acacia Innovations Ltd.
Acacia Innovations Ltd. is a start-up which provides environmentally friendly and cost-saving cooking and fuel solutions.
They are seeking a full-time, high-level, field-based sales executive to bring in orders from schools, hotels and restaurants for Kuni Safi briquettes, a cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to firewood made from sugarcane waste, as well as institutional energy saving cookstoves. Kuni Safi is nearly smokeless and lasts for up to 4 hours. It is twice as efficient as firewood, thereby helping customers save an average of 35% on their cost of cooking fuel. Kuni Safi cookstoves are an affordable solution to allow restaurants, hotels and small schools to adopt Kuni Safi briquettes or save energy while cooking with other forms of biomass. Acacia Innovations has supplied over 150 schools, hotels, and restaurants with Kuni Safi to date.
- Field-based sales in Machakos/Kitengela/Athi River.
We are seeking a mature, sophisticated, and experienced sales executive to grow their sales of Kuni Safi briquettes. This position is well suited to someone with extensive institutional sales experience and a professional network. Sales executives will work mostly in the field, with office work limited to customer phone calls and reporting.
The ideal candidate should have a strong track record of meeting sales targets and be highly motivated, target-driven, and a persuasive negotiator and confident in speaking with high-level decision makers such as school principals and hotel owners.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate leads and cold-call leads provided by company; educate potential customers about Kuni Safi.
o Identify schools, restaurants, hotels, and hospitals with large consumption of firewood or
o Contact potential institutional customers by phone, email, or visit.
o Perform simple demonstrations of Kuni Safi briquettes (with assistance from Kuni Safi staff).
- Actively solicit orders with a starting target of 15+ tonnes (5-15 institutional customers) and 10+
institutional cookstoves per month.
o Negotiate purchase orders according to pricing requirements.
o Ensure that all institutional customers understand the terms of the agreement and payment
o Secure orders and communicate all orders received to the company.
o Assist in the collection of payment as necessary.
- Maintain thorough communication with Acacia Innovations staff and potential customers.
o Track all potential customers and closed deals on the templates provided by Acacia Innovations.
o Respond in a timely manner to all phone calls within 12 hours and emails within 24 hours.
- Contribute to sales strategy and develop new sales channels.
o Recommend improvements to the sales strategy and process to the CEO.
o Recommend and develop potential partnerships with NGOs, government agencies, and
complimentary businesses to grow sales.
o Exercise creativity in the sales process to improve your conversion rate.
- Strong track record in field-based sales- demonstrable results of meeting 80-100% of sales goals per
month, as confirmed by your references
- 2-5+ years of experience selling to large institutions, ideally schools and/or hotels
- Existing professional network of school/restaurant/hotel owners and administrators
- Excellent at sales mathematics and comfortable discussing pricing and cost savings
- Highly confident and presentable in dealing with school administrators and business owners
- Strong and persuasive negotiator
- Able to work independently; very motivated
- Target-driven; able to realistically set and meet goals
- Excited to work for a start-up and contribute to building a new sales strategy
- Excellent and professional verbal and written communication abilities
- Competent at basic computer and internet programs including Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Interest in improving people’s lives and our environment
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Valid driver’s license
What We Offer:
- Excellent prospects for career growth with a high-potential start-up
- Flexible working hours and locations
- An opportunity to create professional contacts and interact with high-level decision makers
- A chance to make a positive impact while generating significant income.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Compensation: Salary + commissions negotiable based on previous experience.
- Cover letter explaining your relevant experience and interest in this position
- 2-page CV
- Hard copies of the application will not be accepted at the office.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3080”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3080 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 12th March 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: career, eco-friendly, executive, field, job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, nairobi, Opportunity, professional, sales, sales executive, sales executives, Sales Strategy, selling, solutions, strategy, vacancy, work