Job Vacancy – Sales Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Sales Manager. The hiring organization is a leading manufacturer in the East African region.
Purpose of the Position
To provide the Company with increased sales productivity, meet revenue and cash collection targets, improved brand visibility, lead the sales team, manage account relationships and ensure our brand is the market leader, across categories, in all accounts, in terms of sales, visibility and availability.
- Drive, integrate and support sales strategy and its execution
- Achievement of sales set targets on a monthly and annual basis
- Achieve increase in coverage (increase in terms of number of branches and accounts goods are sold to)
- Monitor sales in our market to ensure targets and objectives are met
- Ensure optimal availability of products over long and short term
- Ensure Route to Market & Territory Management optimization
- Recommend the tools and resources required to achieve the launch objectives
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale, contributing to an increased market share for TH products
- Contribute to delivering sales across all channels, not limited to one specific sector
Cash Collection / Finance
- Manage Allocation of Customer Trade Spend and debtors book. Manage trading terms and condition per channel and improve CCS constantly
- Ensure cash collection as per agreed terms with customers (work and communicate closely with TH Finance dept)
- Computing, preparing and authorizing credit and debit notes as required
- Effective financial management of expenses versus budgets
- Implement and control pricing in all channels, inside and outside of promotional periods.
- Drive and ensure strong in-store visibility and merchandising (working closely with the merchandising, sales and marketing team)
- Ensure TH is the market leader in terms of both sales and visibility, in snacks and spices
- In every single supermarket, spices should have
- Ensure TH is leader in Point of Sales visibility, including shelf space, product placement on shelves, additional visibility such as FSU’s, till-shelving, gondolas, ‘bins’, cross-category merchandising, etc)
Leadership and Internal Relationships
- To effectively develop and manage operational field sales force
- Motivation of Sales Force via Effective Leadership and Implementation of Incentive Programs
- Development and Measurement of Sales Force through regular Appraisal Reviews
- Develop tailor-made training modules in conjunction with HR Department
- Development of Internal Relationships with all relevant Streams (i.e. Finance, HR, Stores and Production)
- Work within and lead the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values
- To Liaise regularly with other departments to ensure product availability in line with sales requirements.
- To liaise with corporate clients, build and develop working business relationships
- Development of customer relationships through regular operational reviews to ensure that stock availability, distribution and shelf management opportunities are grasped
- Conduct commercial calls to designated key accounts outlets on a regular basis, imparting TH product knowledge and in house training of both TH and supermarket staff
- To handle customer complaints and enquiries swiftly (working closely with the TH customer service and quality control teams)
- Develop a process of regular communication of key reports to directors (and sales team)
- Prepare regular reports and analysis on key account activities, with detailed analysis across segments, categories, retailers, etc.
- To draw insight from quantitative data and transform in qualitative reports
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory
- Responsible for Dynamic Forecasting and Demand Planning
- Monitoring and Measuring Effective Implementation of Field Management Best Practices by Sales Force.
- Holder of a Bachelor degree from a recognized University in Business, Sales & Marketing or related field
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- MUST Have 7– 10 years in experience in sales of FMCG products within commission incentive structure
- MUST Have Proven experience in FMCG Companies
- Willingness to travel and work out of the office
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
- Should be highly motivated and aggressive sales person
- Should be presentable & well kept at all times
- Good and positive outlook towards job
- Must have interest in growing with the company
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3187”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3187 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 26 January 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: account, accounts, analysis, and, area, availability, below, Best Practices, brand, business, client, collection, commercial, communication, Communications, company, control, corporate, customer, Customer service, Data, field, Field sales, Finance, financial, financial management, fmcg, force, general, HR, innovation, insight, job, key, key account, Knowledge, Leadership, line, manage, Management, manager, market, Marketing, merchandising, of, Office, one, opportunities, person, placement, planning, point, product, professional, programs, Quality, Quality control, Recruitment, recruitment process, reporting, sale, sales, Sales Manager, Sales Strategy, service, stock, strategy, support, team, the, trade, training, travel, work