Job Vacancy – Sales & Marketing Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Sales and Marketing Manager for one of its clients in Kisumu. The successful candidate must have a passion for communication and meeting new people. He will ensure good client relationships and effective communication with corporates and tour operators.
As a Sales Manager, you are responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel. Develop strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue. Identify areas of opportunity in performance and recommend tools and sales training to optimize the performance of the sales team. Additionally, work with individual hotel teams to identify skill development areas and properly deploy sales and marketing resources.
- Responsible for Corporate and Travel Agent Room Sales for the hotel.
- A clear understanding of the hotel’s business strategies then set goals and to determine action plans to meet those goals.
- Update action plans and financial objectives quarterly.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities and increase sales.
- Represent Hotels in various events and exhibition.
- Implement all sales action plans related to my market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Conduct daily sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to hotels by corporate clients.
- Able to provide quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the properties, develop professional long term business relationships.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. generating proposal, Corporate Rate Application letter, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Able to supports hotel service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Work closely with Revenue Manager to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Develop strong relationships with on property front office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Accompany sales team on sales calls to potential clients to assist in development of the account and to access the effectiveness and sales skills of the salesperson.
- Assess additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with the sales team from property visits.
- Attending all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Targeting key accounts potential for the company.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients.
- Closely following up on all business leads within a 24 hour response timeline to clients.
- Other duties as assigned
- Liaise with the digital marketing team to plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Work with F&B service to come up with promotional activities for bar and food items and also designing techniques for the upselling of products and services.
- Monitor keenly trends in the booking of Rooms /events to come up with effective marketing campaigns.
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Computer literate able to operate a Hotel Management System.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
- 5 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates versatility and ability to manage change in the work environment.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3678”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3678 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 30 January 2020
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: jobs in kenya, Jobs in Kisumu, kisumu, Marketing, sales, sales and marketing positions