Job Vacancy – Sales Representative
Duma Works is recruiting a Sales Representative for one of our clients, a market leader producing premium international brands in the distilled beverage category.
- Selling and promoting the company’s brand portfolio within an assigned area to achieve maximum profitability.
- Achieving sales target within an assigned area.
- Be responsible for the day to day execution of the market sales plan in your area as per standards.
- Leading cross-functional relationships between modern trade customers, and other stakeholders or business partners.
- Developing and maintaining good business relationship with customers and consumers within an assigned area.
- Conducting every sales call in accordance to the client’s ways of working.
- Influencing and promoting the company’s brands from existing and prospective customers through a commercial based approach.
- Achieving and managing sales targets within an assigned area.
- Effectively manage customer/3rd party accounts to ensure sales revenues are in line with company objectives.
- Ensure flawless trade execution through effectively managing merchandising teams.
- Implementation of trading terms and other off trade business plans as per company objectives.
- Effectively managing allocated company resources within your assigned area.
- Building positive business relationship with relevant stakeholders in driving the company’s objective.
- Achieve and manage sales targets with your assigned customers.
- Continuously monitor performance of assigned customers.
- Ensure that the assigned customers and sales plan is aligned with that of the company’s goal and profitability.
- Execution of the four P’s (Product, Place, Price, Promotion, where relevant)
- Ensuring that all cycle promo and trade marketing plans are implemented timorously as per company objectives.
- Implementing the trading terms, and any other off trade business plans effectively.
- Ensuring that implemented activities exploit growth opportunity for both the company’s brands and customers
- Ensure that the activities support own area sales objectives and are in line with central brand/key account strategy.
- Knowledge of the company’s brands and positioning within competitive landscape and ability to effectively utilize sales drivers to achieve objectives.
- Understanding of customers and shoppers insights within own area.
- Measure and review category performance.
- Give insights to company’s team on competitor plan and activities within different categories where relevant.
- Ability to translate the insights in own area and channel it into the company’s opportunities.
- Ability to interpret and process information to understand and influence business performance.
- Provide regular reports and timorous feedback to the respective line managers regarding sales and market performance.
- Providing insights to category management team and key accounts regarding own stores activities.
- Conduct pre and post evaluation of promo activities and events to relevant teams to ensure effectiveness.
- Ensuring updated customer master data are grouped and visited according to the segmentation rules.
- Achieving call rate on allocated customers as per frequency and timelines.
- Demonstrate and consistently follow the company’s basic ways of selling.
- Planning and setting of S.M.A.R.T. objectives in every call.
- Ensuring all set objectives are aligned to the business priorities.
- Initiating coaching session with respective line manager and continuously seek feedback on development needs.
- Proactively driving own development plan with line manager to effectively leverage on identified opportunities and close gaps.
- Adherence to company ethics and values.
- Ensure that the company’s business is compliant with own area legislation.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer’s needs and motivations.
- Adapting processes and customer style accordingly, in order to achieve company objectives and joint business plans where necessary.
- Ensuring that customer keeps the right model stock at all times.
- Build collaborative relationship with customers and other business partners that complement customers business.
- Expedites the resolution of customers problems and complaints.
- Understanding of the company’s terms and other investment plans and ensure adherence thereof.
- Awareness of how much investment allocated in own area or customers.
- Manage and optimize trade spending as per allocated budget.
- Proactively track and provide feedback on quality and effectiveness on trade investment to relevant parties.
- Have regular performance review with customers and retailers and hold them accountable to deliver results.
- Have sound commercial understanding of profitability and value chain customer/shopper and can identify when and how to add value for both.
- Be able to influence or translate the outcomes of the reviews into company’s opportunities.
- Ensure all account receivable within your customer base are in adherence with stated credit terms and conditions.
- Clear articulation of the main characteristics and key objectives of the off trade channel.
- Leverage channel portfolio size and shopper insights to drive the company’s profitability.
- Have the edge to explore new boundaries that could create business opportunities within own area.
- Knowledge of industry trends and competitor landscape in which it operates.
- Get field insights against 4P’s (Product,Place, Price, Promotion)
- Understanding the categories in which the company’s and competitor brands operate
- Understanding why customers and shoppers/consumer/ purchase those brands.
- A passionate, self-confident individual that is professional and result driven.
- Strong integrity and ability to work within a team.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Trendy, fashionable and well groomed.
- Able to work independently within set parameters.
- Good negotiation and customer relationship management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills both with internal and external relationships.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Good at planning and organizing to ensure priority task management.
- Business Degree
- Experience of 3-5 years international consumer goods
- IT Skills: Conversant with using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Sales system
- Valid Kenyan driving license
- Some knowledge of international spirits and wines is a plus
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3478”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3478 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Tuesday, 25 September 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: account, analytical, and, brand, business, category management, chain, commercial, communication, company, credit, customer, Data, development, driving, evaluation, Finance, growth, industry, information, international, investment, IT, key account, Knowledge, line, logistics, Management, manager, market, Marketing, merchandising, opportunities, policies, professional, Promotion, Quality, relationship management, reports, sales, selling, stock, strategy, support, trade, wines