Job Vacancy – Senior Accountant
Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Accountant for one of our clients in the Tourism Service Industry to join their team in Nairobi.
- CPA – K (Member of ICPAK is an added advantage)
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Excellent skills in the preparation of management reports and financial reporting.
- Excellent skills in budgeting and financial planning
- High level of integrity and energy to push ideas
- Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details
- Critical thinker with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others (in particular, establishing and maintaining good client and supplier relationships).
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting, most preferred in the Tourism Service Industry
- Preparation of general ledger, journals, accruals and G/L accounts reconciliation.
- Preparation, analysis, and distribution of monthly management accounts.
- Provide accurate, accessible and timely financial information and reports which contribute to improved quality of the company’s financial decision making.
- Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management.
- Maintaining payroll records and monthly bank reconciliation and prepare statements of receipt and disbursement.
- Prepare, analyze and implement payroll transactions in a timely manner
- Prepare statutory statement e.g PAYE, NSSF and NHIF and reconcile
- Maintaining un up to date Asset and Liabilities register/records
- Handle external audit co-ordinations by providing audit schedules and responding to auditors’ queries.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are accurately recorded
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Securing financial information by completing database backups.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by Management.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3681”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3681 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 14 February 2020
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, Accounting Jobs, accounts, analysis, audit, bank, business, client, communication, compliance, Data, distribution, energy, Finance, financial, general, information, Jobs, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, level, Management, of, planning, Quality, reporting, reports, service, team, tourism, web, work