Job Vacancy – Senior Energy Analyst
Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Energy Analyst for one of our clients; a leading Kenyan-based renewable and rural energy company.
The Senior Energy analyst should have excellent writing/presentation skills in addition to a strong knowledge of energy access and renewable energy. The analyst will support a growing team based in Nairobi to implement an exciting portfolio of projects in the region.
The company’s client is a company that has participated actively in building green energy planning and technical advice in the region. The team has years of experience in the East African clean energy sector, strong regional networks and a portfolio of projects spanning more than 10 countries and 25 years. Its focus is on:
- Engineering and technical support for renewable energy and energy access solutions, both public and commercial.
- Clean energy advisory services including market analysis, policy development, technical training and capacity building, business model development, rural energy access and financing, project management and strategic planning.
The company’s advisory work combines strong engineering and field competence in renewable energy projects with the policy, financial and business tools needed to promote market growth in the region. They work with major multi-lateral, donor and government (e.g. Kenyan, Rwandan, East African Community) agencies to provide analysis and recommendations regarding regulatory, economic, value chain and institutional capacity facets of the renewables industry.
The Senior Energy Analyst will be responsible for sourcing and implementing renewable energy advisory work. She/he will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Project management
- Implementation of renewable energy projects, including within rural electrification, off-grid energy, renewable energy market analysis, energy policy and regulation, and other
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Manage or liaise with external associates on a project by project basis
- Undertake field work and travel as needed
- Prepare project reports and other deliverables to highest standards
- Business development
- Identification of new clients and business opportunities
- Establishment and cultivation of a professional network within the industry
- Preparation of proposals and applications for funding
- Contribution to newsletter, website or other marketing tools as needed
- Conference / workshop attendance as relevant.
Other tasks may be required, as agreed with the Team Leader and CEO.
The Senior Energy Analyst will report to the Team Leader, and will work closely with the Engineering team to ensure clients’ expectations are understood and exceeded.
Though the primary focus will be on the Client’s current and ongoing work pipeline, there will be some scope for the Senior Energy Analyst to specialize according to his/her professional interests and background. Our Client prioritizes ongoing training for all staff, and will ensure that there are opportunities to build expertise as part of a long-term approach to the Senior Energy Analyst’s professional growth.
Some travel will be required as part of this position – depending on project cycles, this is estimated at approximately 25-40% of the year.
- A problem solver – curious, resourceful, persistent, analytical
- A communicator – and able to craft non-technical explanations for technical ideas
- Multi-tasker – proactive in prioritising and managing multiple demands
- Open – to working in a multi-cultural environment, learning, exploring.
- MA/MSc in renewable energy, energy policy, economics, international development, or related field.
- 3-10 years’ work experience
- Demonstrated experience in project management, research, and/or market or policy analysis
- Excellent communication skills in English – verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
- Strong command of MS Office applications
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of renewable energy technologies and off-grid energy
- Competence in French or Swahili
- Existing network in the renewable energy industry – East Africa and/or internationally
Contract duration: Long term
Status: Full time
Reports to: Team Leader, Clean Energy Advisory
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “ 2064”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2064, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 4th March 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
Posted in Jobs Tags: consultancy, DUMA Works, energy analyst, green energy, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, Kenya Startups, nairobi, project management, project manager, renewable energy, renewable energy jobs, senior Energy analyst, vacancy