Job Vacancy- Senior Finance and Admin Manager (Uganda)
Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Finance and Admin Manager for one of our clients. The company is a social enterprise that delivers safe drinking water to social institutions like schools.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
The company is a social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water solutions at scale. We sell high-performing water purification systems to social institutions (like schools, hospitals and health clinics) and workplaces, with multiyear, low-cost credit terms so that providing safe, great tasting drinking water to students, patients and employees is easier than ever.
The Senior Finance and Administration Manager will oversee the day-to-day financial management and administration of the organisation, and ensure that the finance and administrative departments are successfully managed in compliance with company policies. He/she has oversight of internal control systems and procedures, operational accounting, financial reporting, and auditing. S/he also manages other administrative functions such as HR, procurement, inventory, transport and logistics. The incumbent will be responsible for training and mentoring staff on policies and procedures and new systems. The F&A Manager will play an important role in mentoring staff and identifying new hires as the company grows.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
- Design and implement systems and procedures, when and where needed, ensuring effective internal controls and minimising risks
- The jobholder will monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring project liquidity at all times
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles supported by relevant and verifiable source documents
- Ensure that monthly account reconciliations are performed and appropriate plans are put in place and executed, as applicable, to resolve un-reconciled differences
- Offer support in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Develop and execute responsive and appropriate operations management systems (HR, procurement, inventory, installations, maintenance and repair, customer service, impact measurement)
- Oversee international and national procurement, ensuring full compliance with company policy
- Manage inventory and all other assets, ensuring proper reconciliation on an ongoing basis
- Providing active support to the Customer Service Team and Installations Team as needed
- Lead the HR function, ensuring compliance with national labor laws and practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The applicant should preferably hold a degree in finance, accounting, business administration, CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification. Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in managing finance and administration, ideally for a private sector entity or a private-sector oriented NGO
- Broad knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) applicable to USA accounting procedures
- Ability to adopt new software and financial management systems
- Strong skills in management and coordination of multiple activities and teams.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proven analytical skills in isolating priorities and tackling them
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with strong attention to detail
A Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2404”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2404 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th October 2016
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: ACCA, Admin, analyst, controller, CPA, director, enterprise, Finance, GAAP, Jobs, kampala, manager, senior, social, uganda