Job Vacancy – Senior Finance Director in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Finance Director for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading international non-governmental organisation.
Purpose of the Job
Process, analyze, consolidate and report financial data, expenses and management information, in line with company’s BD-, Finance- and HR-policies and procedures as well as donor procedures, regulations and guidelines.
Advise management on Financial Management.
Ensure stability and transparency of the overall country & project finances.
1. Finance strategy for country
- Develop, seek approval and implement the Finance strategy for the country, taking into account country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines and donor regulations.
- Contribute to development of the country strategy, management agreement and projects.
- Critique and contribute to development of global financial procedures and guidelines.
- Clear, consistent and up-to-date Finance strategy and policy for the country.
- Inclusion of financial perspective in country strategy.
- Inclusion of country perspective in development of global Finance procedures and guidelines.
2. Management of Country Finance function
- Organize the Finance function in the country and manage the employees, activities and all aspects within the team, in accordance with the approved plan, budget and relevant procedures, in order to realise the department’s objectives. Functionally lead Project Administrators.
- Monitor internal and donor requirements and oversee the development and implementation of updated work methods and procedures.
- Lead and/or participate in relevant (corporate) projects.
- Efficient and effective work processes, in line with internal and donor requirements.
- Sufficiently qualified and motivated staff.
- Act as source of expertise and business partner for management and Project Managers on issues concerning Financial Management, performance indicators and related legal issues.
- As Financial Lead in, and in collaboration with the country proposal team, develop review and refine technical budgets within the approved threshold, in line with full cost recovery policy, donor requirements and Finance-, HR- and BD policies and procedures. Actively support the Global Budgeting Facility (GBF), for budgets above the set threshold.
- Ensure timely and proper project administration by Project Manager and Project Administrator(s) and support Project Manager in the set-up of project governance, administration and finance procedures, guided by the contract signed with the donor and in compliance with the company’s guidelines, company corporate governance table and donor procedures.
- Enhanced quality of decision making on financial issues.
- Accurate and compliant budgets in all proposal, taking into account full cost recovery.
- Complete project administration and governance in place.
4. Management and donor Reporting
- Present monthly the financial consolidated reports to Country Management. Signal and advise Country Director on issues regarding the financial status of projects and participate in the discussion with responsible project managers if project profitability gives reason to.
- Report regularly on the overall country financial situation, using the corporate reporting formats and within the guidelines of the Global Support Unit Finance for management discussion.
- Analyze and interpret financial performance, country/project trends, time registration versus planning and financial status of projects.
- Support project managers and project administrators in providing accurate and timely financial data to the company’s donors according to donor requirements.
- In collaboration with Project Manager and Project Administrator, ensure proper financial and administrative closing of projects in line with donor and company guidelines.
- Accurate and timely insights on (financial) performance of the country, enabling strategic decision making by country management.
- Effective contribution to accurate and timely financial management of projects and reporting to donors.
5. Financial Planning and Control
- Lead the development, consolidation, forecasting and periodical review of the country and project budgets and funds.
- Support budget holders in, and ensure compliance with internal- and external procedures and regulations and company and donor guidelines regarding the financial administration of country operations and projects.
- Contribute to ongoing efficiency improvement to bring down operating costs.
- Ensure control, monitoring and execution of all financial related activities in the country, including logistics, purchasing and ICT.
- Accurate insight in financial country/project performance.
- Consistent compliance of country programs and projects with relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Cost efficient and safeguarded procurement processes in the country.
- Cost efficient and effective logistics and travel arrangements.
6. Financial Accounting & Administration
- Execute all necessary financial accounting activities and checks, assuring complete and correct allocation of costs and time, and ensure that internal and external financial reporting complies with the relevant financial standards and regulations.
- Ensure processing of accounts payable and receivable and ensure adherence to tax related requirements.
- Review receivables for doubtful debts and set up appropriate provisions.
- Carry out reconciliation of administrations, manage the ledger accounts and manage the cash and liquidity levels.
- Carry out credit management of all donor receivables and ensure that credit due to the company is pre-financed and invoices issued to donors are settled on time and in full.
- Ensure compliance of LCB financial transactions with ICF and all payments are substantiated with invoices, purchase orders and satisfactory evidence of work completion.
- Ensure proper registration, documentation and archiving of relevant financial documents.
- Check and consolidate financial data for the country and/or project budgets.
- Administration and processing of financial data and time registration is completed on time and correct as basis for reporting and decision making.
7. Management Information
- Develop and provide financial Management Information statements and financial reports and analyses to relevant internal and external parties. Respond to requests regarding financial administration and data, in accordance with corporate procedures.
- Adequate and effective provision of information to internal and external parties.
8. ICT Services
- Monitor the delivery of ICT services within the country, based on the Service Level Agreement with external service providers and corporate ICT services.
- ICT services delivery up to defined services level.
9. Internal Control
- Conduct internal compliance and control assessments, identify and address risk areas, implement measures to minimize the risk of irregularities and coordinate audits, based on corporate compliance and audit procedures and in consultation with Field Finance Officer, country management team and Project Managers.
- Effective contribution to risk mitigation.
- Increased reliability of financial systems.
10. Logistics and Purchasing for non-project related issues
- Analyse major investments and cost accounts, ensure, oversee and approve procurement and maintenance of equipment, assets and means of transport as well as logistics and travel arrangements and manage the relevant contracts and leases, based on corporate compliance and audit procedures and in consultation with the Field Finance Officer, country management team and Project Managers.
- Advise Project Manager and Project Administrator on purchasing of goods and coordinate and stimulate efficient purchases across projects.
- Cost effective and safeguarded procurement processes in the country.
- Cost efficient and effective logistics and travel arrangements.
- Masters/Degree in Finance, accounting or a related field.
- 8+ years work experience in a similar field and 5+ years working in a senior position.
- Final level CPA or ACCA certification most preferred.
- Must have handled transactions worth over 40 million euros.
- Experience working with donor funded organizations.
- Must be trustworthy.
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- High integrity.
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “ 2115”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2115, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th March 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Country Finance, DUMA Works, Finance, Finance Director, Finance jobs, finance manager, Find a Job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, Kenya, NGO jobs, opening, Opportunity, Recruiting, Senior finance officer, vacancy