Job Vacancy – Senior Human Resource Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Human Resource Manager in Rwanda. The hiring organization is a reputable institution of higher learning specializing in health care.
We are a new kind of university training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD). We are committed to an exceptional educational experience rooted in dynamic and engaging courses prioritizing a high degree of faculty mentorship and experience-based learning.
We are an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor through health care.
Members of our community are tenacious and resolute in their drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as they uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who are committed to these values to join the team.
We are dedicated to developing the capacity of the next generation of health care workers and leaders. To excel at this mission, we need to develop our own organizational capacity by building an outstanding team of highly engaged faculty, administrators, and operations professionals. The Director of People and Culture will have a lasting imprint and impact on the success of this truly innovative university focused on health equity for all. Working across all business functions and academic departments, the Director of People and Culture will be a central figure in the operational expansion and personal growth of the organization, acting as the standard bearer for a culture built on mission, performance, teamwork, and transparency. Guiding the organization through a critical start-up phase, the Director of People and Culture will serve in a decisive capacity, providing experienced leadership, professional guidance, and building long-lasting, people-centric systems.
- Translate university strategy into function specific People initiatives that allow leaders and their teams to drive to the successful achievement of university goals and objectives
- Lead a human capital strategy that supports organizational objectives, with an emphasis on growing our team and creating sustainable administrative systems and a culture based on employee advocacy and teamwork
- Help promote university values across our offices (Boston, MA and Kigali and Butaro, Rwanda) and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with our core beliefs. Help us scale the organization in multiple locations while maintaining an equitable and empowering culture
- Proactively mentor and grow the Human Resource Team. Provide leadership and oversight to all day-to-day human resource functions including recruiting, onboarding, compensation, employee relations, training, regulatory affairs, etc
- Hire outstanding staff, using best practices in sourcing, interviewing, and pre-employment assessment. Lead ongoing talent planning, supporting comprehensive development planning, monitoring progress of our commitments, and creating and managing a pipeline of candidates for future roles. Manage a large influx of initial hires as the university scales to expand its near-term programming
- Lead and foster university-wide People programs and initiatives (e.g. Talent and Performance Management, Diversity and Inclusion, Learning and Development, Benefits Strategy, and Operations, Compensation Strategy and Design)
- Facilitate and coach leaders/managers in making critical talent and workforce decisions. Drive scalable solutions around making our leaders better managers. Provide coaching and feedback to our existing leadership team and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for management roles
- Regularly assess the internal equity and external competitiveness of our compensation program to ensure that the organization is compensating fairly and can recruit and retain top talent
- Enhance talent and succession planning process that identifies potential leaders earlier in their careers for customized development, ensures ready now successors for critical roles, and facilitates robust talent review to continuously adjust selection and development process
- Collaborate with key personnel to develop, implement, maintain, and improve on plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth of the organization
- Design, implement, and lead a comprehensive employee benefits program that provides a high-quality support system to university staff and their families. Lead our employees through the relocation process to include assistance with housing, childcare and education, spousal support, and acclimation
- Ten (10) to twelve (12) years of experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources and Organizational Development. Experience working with an executive or senior leadership team in a start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred. Specialized training in organizational planning, talent management, regulatory compliance, and compensation preferred
- Experience in leading talent acquisition across multiple functional areas including executive search and professional sourcing. Experience recruiting in an academic environment is an added value
- Demonstrated program management skills, with the flexibility to adapt to diverse situations and manage detailed execution while staying focused on and faithful to the overall strategy
- Ability to coach and mentor across the matrix organizational structure to include senior leaders and mid-level workforce members
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated competency in strategic and organizational agility: ability to create breakthrough strategies, solutions, and plans that link to organization’s values and vision; ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done through both formal and informal channels and operate across boundaries
- Commitment to health, education, and social justice.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2968”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2968 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 22nd September 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, administrative, advocacy, and, Best Practices, building, business, capacity, care, careers, communication, compliance, delivery, development, director, Education, employee, employee relations, executive, Finance, Group, growth, human, human capital, Human Resource, human resources, impact, key, KIgali, Leadership, learning, manage, Management, mentorship, monitoring, of, operations, people, person, personal, pipeline, planning, professional, professionals, program, program management, programs, Recruit, Recruiting, relations, resource, Rwanda, science, senior, social, solutions, strategy, Success, support, systems, talent, talent management, team, the, top talent, training