Job Vacancy – Senior Lead Instructor
We are seeking a talented Senior Lead Instructor to conduct highly experiential training to beneficiary youth within the Coastal Region; Mombasa, Kwale, Kilifi, Tana River, and Taita Taveta Counties.
Who You Will Work With:
You will be part of Generation: Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’ve built a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success— and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in multiple sectors.
Generation programs are structured as intensive boot camps ranging from 4-12 weeks. The programs will offer students integrated technical, behavioural, mindset, and employment skills training, mentorship support and community services as well as job-placement support when they graduate.
Generation outcomes to date: Generation has graduated >28,000 young people across 99 cities in 10 countries, in just over four years of operation. In Kenya, Generation has successfully launched five training programs: Financial Services Sales, Retail and Restaurant Services, Distributed Sales, Customer Service Agents and Sewing Machine Operations. Generation Kenya has trained 15,090 graduates to date, and in 2019 we’re targeting to train ~6,700 additional graduates who will need to be placed into employment.
What You Will Do
Generation is seeking a Senior Lead Instructor to conduct highly experiential training to targeted beneficiaries who will need to receive the knowledge, skills and mindsets to qualify them for job placements with our employer partners in the hospitality sector. This role is for six months, with the potential for a longer-term renewal based on the performance of a six-month pilot that this role is also slated for. The role will report directly to the Coastal Regional Lead (RL) and will manage Generation instructors in the region in addition to working closely with other functions.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the Operations in the Coastal region.
- Preparation and setup of new training centers
- Mobilisation and Screening of candidates
- Training of Trainers in Generation methodology
- Quality assurance
- Managing relationships with hosting TVETs
You will have direct supervisory responsibilities to all Generation instructors within the Region.
Will also work closely with lead instructors and TVET representatives in:-
- Planning and execution of youth mobilisation and screening to meet program targets, from supervising use of different mobilization platforms (print, social media, community mobilizers), to ensuring quality execution of screening process (information sessions, literacy/numeracy tests, 1:1 interviews and registration)
- Scheduling and managing employer presentations for candidates, organizing employer interview days, and coordinating with employers once job placements have been made.
- Preparing training centres by ensuring the readiness of all classroom materials (e.g. chairs, flip chart stands, boards), utilities (e.g. electricity, water), ensuring that branding material at the centres meet our requirements before the start of each program
- Training/management of centre staff – ensuring staff (coaches, teaching assistants) are prepared before program begins, assisting them in solving problems, organising weekly staff meetings, ensuring compliance with Generation’s monitoring tools and processes
- Coordinating logistics of day-to-day running of programs, including distribution of program schedule and training materials to instructors and students, support of technical exercises, supervision of use of grading tools (scorecard and assistance tracker), etc.
- Monitoring performance of delivery partner and students during boot-camp and after placement
- Maintaining database with student information and program records before and after placement, ensuring candidate performance follow-up and maintaining contact with all alumni
- Take part in assessing capability of instructors and their development including conducting performance reviews, weekly progress check-ins and creating development plans for instructors.
- In consultation with the HR function at Generation, manage the instructors in the region including coordinating the taking of vacation/leave days, approval of claims etc. This role is not responsible for the end to end recruitment + dismissal of instructors. This must be done in coordination with the RL and HR function
- Any other role that might be assigned by your supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree / Qualification or experience in sales and marketing will be advantage
- 2 years of work experience within Generation
- Strong Interest and experince in operations
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Data driven with strong communication skills
More about Generation and how to apply: www.generation.org
Send an application attaching a CV to [email protected] on or before 12pm Friday, 12th July 2019
Equality and diversity: Generation is committed both to promoting equality and diversity within the organization and to equal opportunities in employment. We believe in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit. Generation does not ask for payment from people that apply for jobs with Generation at any stage of the hiring process. If you have any specific queries, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Posted in Jobs Tags: agents, Alumni, and, Apply, branding, building, business, career, civil, communication, compliance, consultation, customer, Customer service, cv, delivery, development, electricity, Employment, financial, graduate, Group, Hiring, hospitality, HR, identity, impact, information, interview, interviews, job, Jobs, Kenya, Knowledge, logistics, manage, Management, Marketing, media, mentorship, monitoring, of, operations, opportunities, Opportunity, partner, people, personal, pilot, placement, professional, program, programs, Quality, Recruitment, representatives, restaurant, retail, sales, senior, service, services, social, Social Media, support, taveta, teaching, team, Team player, technical, tests, the, training, work, Youth