Job Vacancy – Senior Management Accountant
Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Management Accountant for our client; a group of companies in the tourism sector in Tanzania.
Job Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Reports to: Group Financial Manager
As Management accountants look after a company’s accounts. Accountable to advise managers about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit. Responsibilities of the job include preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements. undertaking financial administration and internal audits.
The principle function is meeting Reporting Requirements of all Financial Information users, includes Directors, Heads of Departments and Shareholders. Being the reporting of results and variance analysis as required in an accurate, informative and timeous manner
This job is established for the purposes of assisting the company in interpreting financial information to make business decisions. Broadly, this role combines accounting, finance and management with the techniques needed to drive successful businesses. Management Accountant provides business data and analysis to Group Financial Manager within the group of companies to assist in business decision-making and control. Support to general management and working with other managers to analyse cost and revenues with the focus is on the analysis and reporting of a company’s financial position in order to provide insight into business performance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and be part of the overall accounting & control function of the companies.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the management reports, and oversee the evaluation and analysis by Department Heads. Includes making sure spending/expenditure is in line with the company-approved budgets.
- Manage operational data and maintain data accuracy and integrity to support internal and external audit function.
- Review financial data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies, internal control systems and standard operating procedures.
- Lead and direct the work of subordinate staff by undertaking financial administration and internal audits as well as liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure and creating business strategies to generate shareholder value.
- Supervising a team of accounting staff through a development and mentorship programme.
- Preparing financial statements as required by management and collaborate with head of finance and other senior staff in analysing FCT financial performance.
- Conduct risk assessment and advice on ways to minimize risk.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to aid business planning.
- Provide insights into business performance and work on cost analysis and cost-reduction project.
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and adheres to compliance standards as they appear in the Company Policy Policies,Employee Code of Conduct and Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Keeps abreast of all United Republic of Tanzania Laws and Policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to company policies, operating procedures specific to their jobs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
- Bachellor Degree/Masters/ CPA
- Be a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Accountant (NBAA) or equivalent
- Commercial experience within a large complex organisation
- Proven proficiency in computerized applications to Microsoft Office Software ( Word, Excel, Outlook,PowerPoint)
- Working experience(5) Five Years & Above
- Excellent report writing, project monitoring and evaluation skill
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluation skills
To apply online click here
This position will remain open until filled
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accountant, Accounting, accounts, Administration, advice, analysis, analytical, and, audit, business, commercial, company, compliance, control, cost, Data, development, Education, employee, evaluation, excel, Finance, financial, financial manager, general, Group, growth, head, information, insight, job, Jobs, Knowledge, Leadership, line, manage, Management, manager, mentorship, monitoring, of, Office, planning, policies, project, reporting, reports, representative, senior, software, support, systems, tanzania, team, the, training, work