Job Vacancy – Senior Marketing Manager
Moko Home + Living is recruiting a Senior Marketing Manager for their office in Nairobi.
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity, and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to a mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Moko’s goal is to change the way people experience their everyday home. We have an ambitious development pipeline that spans mattresses to sofas with the goal of making our customers’ dream of leading a modern lifestyle a reality. We’re looking to add a Senior Marketing Manager (aka Chief Fuss Maker) who will be responsible for leading Moko’s marketing strategy and activities. You’ll be an excellent project manager who is able to juggle a variety of tasks under tight timelines. You’ll put into use your knowledge of marketing strategy to create remarkable communications and content for current and future Moko fans. Finally, you’ll be an excellent people manager, who can motivate and grow the team.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Own and implement the marketing strategy for Moko
- Continuously improve our channel strategy, including both digital and traditional channels
- Anticipate and implement key levers to ensure continuous growth in customer acquisition in each channel
- Define the strategy and goals to drive creative content development and the distribution of content
- Conduct research and analysis of customer behaviour to inform our channel and content strategies
Measure and achieve key targets
- Set, cascade, and continuously review key results for the team, with a focus on targets of reach (aka ‘All eyes on moko’), engagement (aka ‘Moko-love’), and leads
- Analyse performance of marketing activities against targets and identify drivers of each activity’s ability to meet the targets
- Set and manage the budget for all marketing activities so that targets are met through cost-effective activities
Lead and grow a motivated team
- Provide 1-on-1 coaching for all direct reports to keep them inspired
- Coordinate and manage daily and weekly activities of the team to create a high-performing team where key results are always met
- Plan for all capacity requirements on the team and manage hiring accordingly
Manage internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and manage outsourced providers to help us achieve our goals, e.g. graphic designers, media stations, etc.
- Build and sustain relationships with peers from other Moko teams to ensure smooth collaboration
- Sustain relationships with Moko’s marketing advisors to help us continuously iterate our market strategy
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the senior management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have deep knowledge and management experience in marketing and marketing strategy
- You are talented in managing people to achieve their goals
- You are an analytical thinker, and you frequently make decisions based on data and quantitative analysis
- You are an exceptional project manager and able to come up with and execute a detailed plan
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative to solve problems and come up with more efficient ways of achieving your goals
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 28 November 2019
Follow us on social media
Posted in Jobs Tags: marketing manager, Moko Home + Living, nairobi, project manager, Senior Marketing Manager