Job Vacancy – Senior Project Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Project Manager. The hiring company is a nonprofit technology company in Kampala building mobile and web tools for health workers, helping them provide better care that reaches everyone.
We are looking to immediately hire a Senior Project Manager to assist our partners in implementing our tools.Are you passionate about global health and technology, working at the grassroots level, and collaborating with people from varied cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds? We’d love to hear from you.Please treat the pre-requisite qualifications more as guidelines than as non-negotiable checklist. We believe that the technologies, work environments, and approaches to global health and development you’ve experienced in the past, and have mastered in-depth will be useful to further build and deploy our tools and technology. We expect that you are a quick learner and equally quick to adapt to new and changing technologies.Our team is spread around the world, and we need someone who enjoys working virtually and with remote teams.Ideally, you are proactive, a strong written and verbal communicator, self-directed, self-motivated, committed and passionate about our mission, and excited to join a dynamic, growing team.A successful candidate will work cross functionally with different regional and global teams to ensure the successful deployment of projects in Africa.
- Manage and coordinate the ‘path-to-deployment’ and ‘path-to-scale’ for multiple innovation projects;coordination of projects activities which include conceptualization, designing, development and configuration, functional and user testing of projects spanning multiple year, driving potential for large scale impact
- Build and maintain relationships with partner stakeholders including government, implementing partners,industry consultants, social enterprises and academia organizations
- Work with the design team to design and iteratively improve on the health service delivery workflows incorporated in our products
- Develop Impact and activity metrics/indicators and monitoring plan for portfolio projects to track and address issues as they arise for successfully transition to full-scale and realize health impact
- Lead the process of documenting and communicating lessons learned from projects both internally and externally
- Support the communication team with the development of external communication material including; proposal, reports, presentations and write-ups for various audiences ensuring timely reporting and communication with all stakeholders
- Develop and execute an efficient internal and external communication strategy to ensure communication with all levels of project stakeholders
- Prepare and manage work plans and budgets for all projects under various scenarios to facilitate quality project management and decision making in an ambiguous environment
- Identify all the internal and external resources whether financial or human resources required completing the project successfully and recruiting for junior positions within the project
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team members about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently
- Assess potential project risk and evaluate the progress of project on regular basis, highlighting, addressing and overcoming triggers to achieve project objectives through early detection
- Coordinate the research and analysis for ‘scale-potential’ and ‘cost-effectiveness’ of projects in their portfolio or any other research
- Manager junior team members on assigned projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in public health, project management, public policy, social sciences, computer science, IT or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in project management
- Experience working with marginalized communities in any social impact programes
- Excellent work planning and budget management skills
- Experience in collaborating multiple internal and external stakeholders and teams
- Experience with managing expectations and change directly and indirectly
- Good understanding of data collection, analytics and ability to interpret research for program design and implementation
- Willingness to travel to project implementation geographies in Africa up to 50% of the time
- Adaptable, self-motivated, inquisitive and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, growing and diverse team with a start-up atmosphere
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and manage timeline pressure focusing on quality
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Kiswahili
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2952”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2952 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 11 August 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: africa, analysis, and, care, collection, communication, company, computer science, Data, delivery, Design, designing, development, driving, early, Employment, field, financial, full time, government, human, human resources, impact, industry, information, innovation, IT, job, job vacancy, junior, kampala, level, line, manage, Management, manager, mobile, monitoring, of, opening, partner, people, planning, program, project, project management, project manager, proposal, Quality, Recruiting, reporting, research, science, senior, service, social, social sciences, stock, strategy, support, team, technology, the, travel, uganda, vacancy, web, work, works