Job Vacancy – Senior Research Executive
Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Research Executive for one of our clients; a leading marketing and research agency in Nairobi.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain long term relationship with the clients
- Ensure the research and financial process if carried out with utmost level of integrity and professionalism – from request for POs, to invoicing, to payments
- Manage and develop both new and existing client relationships at the highest client service level
- Actively participate in business development which involves working with targets
- Manage, lead and motivate the people working under you on various projects
- Give support during recruitment and training of Coders, Field Coordinators and Supervisors as required.
- Work in collaboration with the Project Coordinator / Manager to ensure high levels of integrity are withheld by the field team so as to deliver quality data
- Prepare field tools and monitor fieldwork costs for projects as required
- Carry out the duties of proposal writing, data analysis and report writing as required
- Assist Project Managers (Local/Other Countries) in ensuring all fieldwork instructions, translations, questionnaires, briefing notes, show cards, and other field tools, budgets etc. are received on time
- Assist in preparation and dissemination of stimulus materials for different studies as well as ensure all field tools are ready on time
- To manage and monitor project actual expenses vis-à-vis project budgets for all projects entrusted to you.
- To prepare and present Weekly Project Status during progress meetings on Monday morning.
- Monitor and appraise the performance, attitude and behavior of any team members placed under your care, including the establishment of personal objectives/targets and individual training needs.
- Highlight areas of training after observation during the various projects
- Coordinate day-to-day management of the projects entrusted to you.
- Ensure all company field tools e.g. phones entrusted to the teams you are working with are surrendered back after project completion
- Carry out reconciliations for projects you are handling
- Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role
- You may be required to travel to various destinations within the country and beyond as required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics / Economics or other related course
- 5+ years working experience in a research environment
- Excellent client service and liason
- Experience with coordinating fieldwork, proposal and report writing and overall research projects management
- Demonstrated ability and experience to carry out business development
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Reports To: Regional Research & Insights Manager
Supervises: Research Executives, Research Assistants and Project Managers
Terms of Employment: Permanent
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected]. As the subject line of your email, write “2074” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2074, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 24th February 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: business, development, executive, insight, intelligence, job, Kenya, manager, market, nairobi, opening, Opportunity, research, senior, vacancy